Author Topic: Import Spring Showoff Presented by UtahHondas.net April 28th, 2013  (Read 31771 times)

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email

Since the founding of UtahHondas.net in 2007, we have held our annual Spring Meet each year.  After 6 events and nearly doubling in size each year, we realized last year that it was time for a change.  Our event had grown into something that we could no longer control in its current format.  Last year's event drew nearly 400 cars; over half of which were NOT Hondas or Acuras.  The parking lot was full even before the event's official start time.  This lead to Kaysville City shutting down the event early due to the huge turnout and high volume of traffic without any prior notice. We knew it was time for a major change this year.

We are proud to announce and introduce the Import Spring Showoff, an evolution of our Annual Spring Meet. An entirely new event that is catered towards ALL makes and models.  Not just Hondas.  Our goal for this event was to make it more than a meet but less than a show.  We want to blend meet and show aspects into one event that caters to all import enthusiasts no matter what their budget is.  That means a New Venue, New Date, and a whole New Event.

Where: Davis County Fairgrounds. 
              151 South 1100 West
              Farmington, Utah 84025

When: Sunday, April 28th

Who: Anyone.  We welcome all vehicles no matter the Make and Model.

Time Break Down: The info you will need to know is below

Preferred Parking Opens: 2-2:45

In an effort to help us separate the Preferred Parking cars from the General Admission cars we will be opening the Preferred section 45 minutes before the GA section.  We encourage those who have a Preferred spot reserved to show up as soon as possible to help us get you to your spot sooner and easier before hundreds of cars descend on the lot.  Of course this isn't a requirement though as your spot will be reserved not matter when you show up.  Also please don't plan on your vehicle leaving the Preferred section until after the Awards and Raffle.  Do to the set up of Sponsors and Food Vendors it will be difficult to move cars thru the section towards the exit.  If you need to leave early please contact a site coordinator to make prior arrangements to have you parked where it may be easiest to get out.

General Admission Parking Opens: 2:45-3:30

GA Parking will open at 2:45 and spots will be given on a first come first serve basis.  Any GA cars showing up before this time will be turned away from the parking lot and can wait in the possible Overflow area until its time.  GA cars can come and go as they please but be aware if you leave we will be giving your spot to someone else to keep the parking maximized.  Its not official yet but we are gonna try to get a second parking lot at the Fairgrounds that will serve as an Overflow lot as we expect the main lot to be filled to capacity before the official event start time.  The only vehicles that will be allowed access to the GA lot early are those that have to be trailered in.  There will be no exceptions to this and NO spots can be saved for friends or buddies.

Event Officially Starts/Voting Opens: 3:30pm

All Sponsor Booths and Food Vendors should be up and running by this time (if not earlier).  The DJ will also start playing by then and Voting will officially open.  We will have voting slips available at the Event Booth and you can vote for your favorite cars in the Preferred Parking section ONLY.  The entire complex will serve as the basis of the event.  Although Only Preferred Parking cars can be voted for don't think they are the focus of the event.  Everyone is encouraged to walk the entire lot (as well as the overflow lot) and check out the cars.  This event is still more of a Meet then it is a show and no cars should be excluded in the event coverage no matter where its parked.  We encourage everyone to get there voting sheet turned back in to the Event booth As soon as you can so that we have enough time to tally up all of the votes.

Voting Closes: 5:30

Voting will be open for only 2 hours and then it will be closed.  Any score sheets turned in after 5:30 will not be accepted.  We need this final time to bring all of our staff together to do a final tally and get the awards ready to be presented to the winners.

Raffle/Awards: 6-6:30

We will be doing a Raffle that all of our event Sponsors have contributed some great prizes to.  Also all proceeds raised from the Raffle will be donated to a great cause (more on both at a later time).  After the Raffle is finished we will announce the winners of the Peoples Choice Votes and present the winners there awards.

Roll Out 6:30-7

Roll Out will start as soon as the Awards are given.  At this time the Food Vendors, Sponsors, and DJ will start cleaning up and the event will officially over. 

Also an added reminder All changes to Preferred Parking reservations must be made before March 23rd.  We need time to finalize our award categories and order the Awards so all vehicles must be locked in by the 23rd.  We also will not be accepting any more sponsors after March 30Th so that we know how much space to give Sponsors to set up there booths.  Thank you all for your support and we hope to make this an amazing event.

We are very happy to say we were able to reserve the Davis County Fairgrounds for this event.  Their large parking lot will hold upwards of 400 cars.  Nearly doubling the capacity of previous years' events parking lots.  The fairgrounds are fairly easy to get to with quick access from the freeway and located next to the New Farmington Station Park Shopping and Dining Complex.

However, with moving to a larger and private Venue, we are now faced with expenses that we've never had before. Despite having a much larger parking lot we still expect it to fill to capacity.  To help with this we will be offering 2 parking options within the same lot.

Parking: General Admission Parking is Free
               Preferred Parking Costs $10

We wanted to keep this event free for anyone that didn't want to pay extra so that option will still be available.  Preferred Parking though will give some additional benefits that will not be made Available to General Admission Parking.  Those perks include:

-The Best Parking in the Lot
-Guaranteed Parking so even if the lot reaches capacity before you arrive you will still have a spot saved for you.
-A Free Raffle Ticket
-Eligible For People's Choice Awards

Preferred Parking really is the best option to have at this event.  However we will only have 150 spots available for Preferred Parking so Preregister As Soon As Possible to secure your spot.  Any vehicle will be allowed to register for Preferred Parking.  Preregistration will close 14 days prior to the event (April 14th).  Preferred Parking WILL NOT be offered day of.  Preregistration only. No Refunds will be given for any reason. 

Awards will be given based 100% on public opinion.  There are no Judges.  Anyone in attendance will be allowed to vote for their favorite vehicles in the Preferred Parking section.  Awards will be given to all makes so long as there are a minimum of 5 vehicles of that make in Preferred Parking. 

Since this event will now be a Private Event we are working on getting a DJ for the event as well as a couple of food carts/trucks.

Sponsorship Opportunities: $50 plus donation to the Raffle.

Sponsor and Vendor Spots are available to ANY reputable company that wants to participate.  Sponsor Cost is $50 and a donation to the raffle. As a sponsor you will be provided an area where you can set up a booth at the event, allow you to bring 2 cars as part of your display (with preferred parking perks), and your logo will be featured on all promotional material and mentioned frequently during the event.  For more info Email us at UtahHondas@gmail.com.

Thank you to our great community that continues to support our event year after year.  We hope to make this event a big one and anticipate its growth in the following years. The Fairgrounds in Farmington is a venue with high potential for future growth. The large green areas and planned parking expansions over the next year will give us even more room in the future. However, we can't do it without you!  The quicker people Preregister, the more perks and offerings we'll be able to offer at the event.

We hope you're excited for the event as we are. now, how do you go about Preregistering?  We will be taking payment via Paypal and it will be on a first come first serve basis.  Once 150 vehicles have Preregistered then Preferred Parking will no longer be available.  So register soon to secure your spot!

Preregistration Details: 

-Cost: $10 for Preferred Parking
-Paypal:
-Registration is CLOSED

Please Include the Following in the Message Box:

Name:
Vehicle Year, Make, & Model:
Preferred Forum & Username:
Affiliated Club or Team:
Email Address:

We will announce more information as the event draws near.  Please Preregister as soon as you can if you plan to park in the Preferred Parking section as we expect it to fill up quickly.  The sooner you Preregister the easier it will be for us to make any necessary accommodations.

Thank you everyone.  We hope to see you there!

As a bonus here is a general idea of how we plan to set up the venue.  This of course is subject to change:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 02:41:08 PM by Ninja »

2000 Integra Type R | 2001 G20t | 2007 Mazda3

Offline unified11

• Can't Blend Paint
  • Forum VIP
  • Blend Mixer 2000...It's like a painter, but faster
Re: Import Spring Showoff Presented by UtahHondas.net April 28th, 2013
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 09:05:36 PM »
Can't wait!

Awesome venue man.  Though I can't lie, I was hoping for somewhere closer to SLC. :P
Go to Royal Repairs! Hands down, I would never evvvverrr go anywhere else under any circumstance for auto body repairs, buffing, waxing or anything along those lines.  ......the best of it all is they are some down to earth, extremely honest, fair priced, high quality providin' badass mother effers!  ;)

What the fuck are you saying. None of your posts make any god damn sense.

Offline Importslut

• Next Level
  • Admin
  • POISON FREE
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 09:06:11 PM »
keep dreaming about that one.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten
Hahahahahaha Eric is relentless in his pursuit of owning!
God damn it Eric. I love you sometimes.
Haha slut is like a cheetah attaking a baby gazelle he has no mercy on noobs
I don't know if you're making fun of me, with me, or just neutral. You're such an asshole lol.

Offline FoUrDoOrWhOrE

• ISS Volunteer
  • Forum Whore
    • Email
Import Spring Showoff Presented by UtahHondas.net April 28th, 2013
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:07:57 PM »
Sounds like a blast ill be there for sure and ill PayPal asap
1994 Honda Civic hatch-DD
1991 Integra sedan-RIP
"Without the DA, there'd be no B-series or VTEC -Honda Tuning"

Offline wolfsbain

• Forum VIP
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 09:08:46 PM »
Call me stupid but how do I paypal the money.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 09:11:04 PM »
Call me stupid but how do I paypal the money.

You have to set up a paypal account first.  For those of you in the Davis/Weber county areas I could likely meet up some time to take cash payments.  Somebody would need to speak up though to do the same for Salt Lake/Utah Counties.

Offline USDMYO!

• Forum VIP
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 09:17:07 PM »
Excited for this. Cant wait! .... also I got cash and would drive up to get a pass teknik.
Buy My Wheels! ----->>>  http://www.utahhondas.net/index.php/topic,35322.msg449384.html#new

rockin dem steelies like a baws!

I'm just gonna leave my garage open with the light off and hangout with my shot gun in the shadows

Offline DX_JDM_HATCH

• Forum VIP
  • Old Guy Car Club
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 09:19:27 PM »
Can't wait for this.  Just purchased my preferred spot just for the simple fact of not worrying about getting there early. Hoping my car will be done by then.  I need to call Cort and see when he'll be available.  Quick question. Lets say I'm unable to get my car done by then can I donate my spot to someone?
Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold
              ~Bob Marley

If there is no Enemy within, the Enemy outside can do us no Harm
              ~African Proverb

Build Thread - http://www.utahhondas.net/index.php/topic,40524.0.html

Offline FoUrDoOrWhOrE

• ISS Volunteer
  • Forum Whore
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 09:19:50 PM »
Jeff money sent

blah blah blah

1994 Honda Civic hatch-DD
1991 Integra sedan-RIP
"Without the DA, there'd be no B-series or VTEC -Honda Tuning"

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 09:20:39 PM »
Quick question. Lets say I'm unable to get my car done by then can I donate my spot to someone?

Yes this would be allowed. 

Offline wolfsbain

• Forum VIP
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 09:21:15 PM »
I sent the payment and hope I did it right. Can't wait and gonna start planning the northern pre-meet

Offline microsteve40

• Event Planner
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 09:21:45 PM »
I'll be there!  Can't wait!

Offline DX_JDM_HATCH

• Forum VIP
  • Old Guy Car Club
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 09:22:15 PM »
Can you give a quick explanation how the preferred parking is going to work? Will there be someone at the gates looking for your name etc....?
Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold
              ~Bob Marley

If there is no Enemy within, the Enemy outside can do us no Harm
              ~African Proverb

Build Thread - http://www.utahhondas.net/index.php/topic,40524.0.html

Offline S2K1

• I SRT8U
  • Forum VIP
  • Leafy
    • [func-shun]
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 09:22:27 PM »
Glad to see this! Good work guys, I'll be sending you some money.
01 S2000 ON THE ROAD AGAIN!!!
94 Viper
13 Leaf
13 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

CAMautoMag
[func-shun]

Offline k2snow2010

• Forum Regular
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 09:23:31 PM »
I bet the whole parking lot will be filled and the streets as well lol

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.