Author Topic: DX_JDM_HATCH build thread  (Read 16253 times)

Offline DX_JDM_HATCH

• Forum VIP
  • Old Guy Car Club
DX_JDM_HATCH build thread
« on: June 16, 2013, 06:06:52 PM »
So where to start.  Instead of getting to deep into myself I'll just post the link to my introduction thread I made awhile back. You can go read there if you're interested or just move on. http://www.utahhondas.net/index.php/topic,26429.msg344802.html#msg344802

Please feel free, which I know you guys will regardless of mine or anyone else emotional stability, to comment negative or otherwise. I really don't know most of you so my feelings won't be hurt.  With that being said I do respect a lot of you that I don't even know for my own reasons so please give me your guys / gals opinions. I'm a big boy and can take it.

This build has been going on for a little over 2 years now. I've been slowly saving and buying parts here and there.  No short cuts were taken and that's the reason it's taken so darn long for a relatively simple build.  I am at the very end of the build.  Only thing left is installation of most of my turbo kit, dropped off at Cortney's house to have charge pipes, dumptube and dp made. Then off to the dyno.

As some of you know I purchased this motor, B18C1 fully built by Cortney Green, for a SMOKING deal and I basically got a complete rolling shell for free with it.  ;D So we can get on this topic of bought not built but I don't care.  I was in the market to buy a car this one came up for an insane deal so I jumped on it. I will never take the credit for Byrce's vision on how he and Cortney built it but I will take the credit on how it gets finished.

Bryce and Cortney had a vision of a legit race car with the ability to drive it on the street. I'm going the complete opposite.  I building a legit street machine. This car will be on the street as much as possible.  Maybe a couple times on the track for the ability to "say" she ran 13's or 12's. 

I got into the import scene to have a legit, semi sleeper, 4 banger..

So here are some pictures of the car when I first bought it in Feb '11. I bought it from a member on here. Car was posted on this site for 1.5hrs before I made Bryce full price offer.  It really was a great freaking deal

I'm not sure how to keep members interested in following this or commenting on this.  Should I just post up the entire build from when I started to where it sits now? Or should I make post a day building up to where it's at now.

I've read a shit load of build threads and I know which ones interest me and which ones don't. So how do you like to see or what keeps you interested in a build thread.  What do you want to know?  Try something new. I'll either get laughed at flamed or members might be interested.  Either way wanted to try something different or get  some other banter going. Plus I need to meet new people.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 06:35:04 AM by DX_JDM_HATCH »
Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold
              ~Bob Marley

If there is no Enemy within, the Enemy outside can do us no Harm
              ~African Proverb

Build Thread - http://www.utahhondas.net/index.php/topic,40524.0.html

Offline DX_JDM_HATCH

• Forum VIP
  • Old Guy Car Club
Re: DX_JDM_HATCH build thread
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 06:19:50 PM »
I was thinking about the comment no short cuts.  I guess that's all relative to the person saying right?  I say no short cuts you say why the slipstreams then.  I say no short cuts you say why the ebay radiator for now?

Everyone's build is just that THEIR build.  This is mine so I guess I need to use the term "no short cuts" loosely.  Before I ever go and spend any large amount of money on something that's not directly or associated with my turbo / motor parts then it can wait.  I'm completely fine rocking slipstreams or my very not name brand HIDs. LOL  That stuff doesn't bother me.  So again it may not be a short cut to me but may be a short cut to you. That's the one great thing about this scene.  I can do whatever I want dumb or stupid.
              ~Bob Marley

~African Proverb

Offline archibaldballer

• Forum VIP
  • The best interior ever made + best car ever made
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 08:44:29 PM »
Damn that engine bay is clean as fuck.
Don't worry about other ppl.
Ppl are gonna hate no matter what you do
Build the car for YOU. The right ppl will appreciate it, and that's all you need.
im the fucking ADMIN you dumbass, thus EVERY THREAD CONCERNS ME.  If you want to continue to be a dumb fuck I can just remove you from the site.

Offline DX_JDM_HATCH

• Forum VIP
  • Old Guy Car Club
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 09:23:24 PM »
Thanks

So for my first purchase on the car I picked up a set of H&R race springs (red) I picked them up from a member on here. Install was a bitch because of the wonderful rusted out bolts on the shocks. Ended up having to purchase new Honda hardware to replace bolts that had to be cut.

At this point I wasn't exactly sure the route I wanted to go but I knew that I didn't want it stock height.

This  setup is still currently on the car.  It will be upgraded after turbo kit is installed and tuned.  I want to know what kind of power we make and setup my suspension to it.   Right now the H&R springs do just fine and I like the look and ride really isn't that bad.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 11:14:39 PM by DX_JDM_HATCH »
              ~Bob Marley

~African Proverb

Offline thefirstPACT

• Forum VIP
  • Old Guy Car Club
    • Fighting Out Of
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 05:24:57 AM »
Sweet! We both have build threads lol. Show the turbo stuff... :o
WWW.FIGHTINGOUTOF.NET
UTAH'S ONLY MMA NEWS WEBSITE!
lovindaem1:BUT MY CRX IS CALUBRADED SOMETHING LIKE THAT

Offline Importslut

• Next Level
  • Admin
  • POISON FREE
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 07:02:32 AM »
I remember when I had a grey integra.

Moar picshures
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten
Hahahahahaha Eric is relentless in his pursuit of owning!
God damn it Eric. I love you sometimes.
Haha slut is like a cheetah attaking a baby gazelle he has no mercy on noobs
I don't know if you're making fun of me, with me, or just neutral. You're such an asshole lol.

Offline DX_JDM_HATCH

• Forum VIP
  • Old Guy Car Club
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 11:23:02 AM »
Sweet! We both have build threads lol. Show the turbo stuff... :o

Seeing you make one is what encouraged me to.  Shit you Alex Cody Brian and Cortney are the only ones from this site that I actually know and ya'll already know about the build LOL

I'm getting to the turbo stuff.

So before I actually put on the springs I had Cortney dyno tune it for the setup it currently has

Motor has about 1500 miles on it and I just wanted to make sure everything was working well and to get the most out of it that I could. I knew at this point that I was going to boost the car. I also knew I was going to do it right so it was going to take me a little while.

I don't want to talk hp / tq numbers just yet because I don't have the sheet to prove it.  ;D  I don't want someone to call me a liar LOL. It's pretty quick in the upper RPMs the way sits.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:29:20 PM by DX_JDM_HATCH »
              ~Bob Marley

~African Proverb

Offline DX_JDM_HATCH

• Forum VIP
  • Old Guy Car Club
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 11:30:30 AM »
I remember when I had a grey integra.

Moar picshures

Here's a few pictures for you sir...

All these were taken the day I finished installing the H&R springs
              ~Bob Marley

~African Proverb

Offline DX_JDM_HATCH

• Forum VIP
  • Old Guy Car Club
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 11:58:59 AM »
Next I had dropped some money and purchased a few parts.  After discussing with Cortney the best route to take to get to my end goal we ordered some parts.  I ordered the following parts

Turbo = Percision 5858 cea Billet

E. Manifold = Turbo Element B series

I. Manifold = Edelbrock Victor X

Wastegate / BOV = Tial MV-R 44mm / Tial Q Blow off valve

Cortney at CGRacing has been the fing man in the process.  Yes sometimes he's a pain in the ass to get ahold of but when you're dealing with so many stupid questions I can see why.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:05:48 PM by DX_JDM_HATCH »
              ~Bob Marley

~African Proverb

Offline DX_JDM_HATCH

• Forum VIP
  • Old Guy Car Club
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 03:14:30 PM »
So trying to figure out the next steps I took but I do know I stress about this thing getting stolen.  This is my daily so it's on the road alot.  No it never sees a movie theater / mall parking lot though.  That's what the wife's van is for.  Being so darn paranoid I installed a couple kill switches and then purchased NRG's quick release setup for a good deal from a member here *Luke*

I picked up the quick release setup on here and the steering wheel from JHPUSA.com.  I know the steering wheel is like my rims but it works fine for me now.  Maybe one day when everything else is done I'll upgrade it.

I also purchased some of my ricer parts at the same time.  I don't know why but for some reason I like a lot of the Skunk2 ricer crap.  So picked up the Skunk2 ricer socks, Skunk2 ricer battery tie down, Skunk2 ricer Vtec solenoid cover and Skunk2 ricer Billet oil cap.

~Bob Marley

~African Proverb

Offline DX_JDM_HATCH

• Forum VIP
  • Old Guy Car Club
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 05:24:03 PM »
About this time I started having issues with it starting.  Would only start on cold days or the first start of the day. Then I would have to jump it. Really weird issue. I replaced the main relay. That didn't work. I checked the fuel pump that was fine.  Replaced cap and rotor still nothing. It was only starting to get worse.  Before if it would start it would stay running until I shut it off.  Now it was shutting down on its own. After replacing the ICM it ended up being the igniter that went bad.  During this process I purchased my Walbro 400lph fuel pump

Walbro 400lph in-tank

I wasn't sure if the, not starting  and shutting down issue was fuel related so I bought the pump knowing I was going to upgrade the Walbro 255 that was originally in the car.
              ~Bob Marley

~African Proverb

Offline DX_JDM_HATCH

• Forum VIP
  • Old Guy Car Club
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 08:02:03 PM »
Finally got around to installing new motor mounts

Innovative Mounts 75a bushing

Driverside mount

Rear mount

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 01:02:28 PM by DX_JDM_HATCH »
              ~Bob Marley

~African Proverb

Offline CyR

• Next Level
  • Tiffany's Husband
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 08:57:45 PM »
This is fantastic to read through! Keep it up!
Also...
Please keep it safe!

Offline Eg2alex

• Event Planner
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 10:11:29 PM »
Cant wait to see this thing boosted and runnin! I still need to get that cash for u for that other pump lol

If you lean towards the hellgay fucked up offset bs, first mod should be a fs sign not bargain basement coilovers
86 2.0 si prelude-sold
94 cbr 600 RR-sold
91 crx hf-totalled
90 crx dx-stolen
90 civic dx hatch-sold AGAIN
90 b16 crx si-sold
94 integra rs-traded
95 delsol-curent
98 civic sedan lx-shared daily
91 crx si-long term project to one day even start..

Offline DX_JDM_HATCH

• Forum VIP
  • Old Guy Car Club
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 08:36:29 AM »
I had to replace or actually just wanted to replace some hardware related to the mounts.

After installing the front mounts I realized what a bitch it was going to be to install the rear mount with out removing the intake manifold.  So the rear one was put off for a few weeks while I ordered my Hondata intake gasket and got my intake manifold powdercoated.  I will say these mounts were much rougher than I expected and that's without the rear mount.  I can deal with it doesn't really bother me but my car does rattle.  I can only imagine how the race inserts or even solid mounts are.  My wife isn't a fan of them but oh well.

~Bob Marley

~African Proverb