Author Topic: CRV Drivetrain Swap Into Integra; Honda's Realtime 4WD explained  (Read 28907 times)

Offline Daviticus

• commanding the dipshits
  • Forum VIP
  • Still that one ghetto guy.
    • Email
Re: CRV Drivetrain Swap Into Integra; Honda's Realtime 4WD explained
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 09:30:23 PM »
Way to bring up a year-old thread, haha. I, until recent economic down-turn, had still considered this.

Of course I can get it to work. It's a simple rear subframe swap, trans swap, shifter linkage install [same as an H22 swap], and a new exhaust.

Find either a complete manual-trans CR-V or a complete driveline [with rear subframe, and front hubs/brakes] and we'll go from there. It'd be easiest to take measurements of the clutchplates physically when they're out of the VC. It should be as simple as drilling out the spot-welds that hold the stock DC subframe, and welding the CR-V unit in place. Suspension should be identical; wheelbase should be identical; track-width should be identical.
Of course the bandwagon is nearing the end of its shelf life. It's gone from foreign, to underground, to baller, to overdone, to being supported by the entry-level aftermarket. That's usually when things are about to die off.

Just waiting for the next trend.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Offline Travis?

• Official Site Hillbilly and Really Nice Guy
  • Next Level
  • Chester Honda squads only member
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 09:40:54 PM »
haha yeah are little convo a bit ago got me thinking again, lol have you seen this
crv del sol, pretty bitchen
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1708933

so if i came up with a crv, would you be up to doing a drivetrain swap? i think this would be badass
i wanna do it damn it lol

Offline Daviticus

• Forum VIP
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 04:07:02 PM »
haha yeah are little convo a bit ago got me thinking again, lol have you seen this
crv del sol, pretty bitchen
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1708933

so if i came up with a crv, would you be up to doing a drivetrain swap? i think this would be badass
i wanna do it damn it lol

Yep. Bring the CRV, and we'll git-r-done.
Of course the bandwagon is nearing the end of its shelf life. It's gone from foreign, to underground, to baller, to overdone, to being supported by the entry-level aftermarket. That's usually when things are about to die off.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Offline slomofo

• The Original
  • Forum VIP
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 05:00:45 PM »
Anyone know the torque split on a CRV? Isn't it something like 80/20 F/R? Kind of pointless, wouldn't you think?

The Supercharged AWD DC2 had a better torque split, but sadly never went into production.

PS - If you do decide to do this, I've found that fitting CRV wheel hubs into ITR trailing arms is much easier because the ITR has a larger wheel bearing.

PSS - The Honda pumpkin sucks.

Offline Travis?

• Official Site Hillbilly and Really Nice Guy
  • Next Level
  • Chester Honda squads only member
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 05:03:19 PM »
Anyone know the torque split on a CRV? Isn't it something like 80/20 F/R? Kind of pointless, wouldn't you think?

The Supercharged AWD DC2 had a better torque split, but sadly never went into production.

PS - If you do decide to do this, I've found that fitting CRV wheel hubs into ITR trailing arms is much easier because the ITR has a larger wheel bearing.

yes until the front wheel begin to spin, then the rear diff lock up and then it 50/50, get rid of the clutchs in the diff will make it a permanit 50/50, the fisrt post in the tread explains it all

Offline slomofo

• The Original
  • Forum VIP
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 05:20:54 PM »

yes until the front wheel begin to spin, then the rear diff lock up and then it 50/50, get rid of the clutchs in the diff will make it a permanit 50/50, the fisrt post in the tread explains it all

Are you sure the first post explains it?

Offline Daviticus

• Forum VIP
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2009, 01:11:39 PM »
Are you sure the first post explains it?

Taken from my first post.

So how does it work?

First, one tidbit of information that makes the RWD portion of the driveline swap work:

The output shaft from the transmission that transfers power to the rear differential, is powered 100% of the time - YES, it's essentially a 50/50 torque split, no slippage between front and rear output shafts.

The rear section of Realtime 4WD works on the same premise that a Viscous Limited-Slip Differential works - when both the input shaft and output shaft are spinning at the same speed, with the same resistance or power on either end, there is no fluid resistance in the clutch-packs, and the driveline is essentially open. This holds true to the center differentials of such technical systems as Subaru's AWD, Mitsubishi's AWD found in the late-model Evolutions, and even the older DSM setups. When slippage of the front wheels is detected in the RT4WD system [slippage, in the FWD portion of the system, means a loss of traction and the driveline accelerating, which accelerates both the front running gear and the rear output shaft], the speed of the rear output shaft and the speed of the rear wheels differs, and creates a fluid friction in the clutch-packs, resulting in power being applied to the rear drive wheels.

Controlling that slippage - even eliminating it altogether - is KEY in making this system work in a performance-based setup.

Also, concerning the rear differential:

Quote from: RallySol via TLAR Engineering Website
Future plans involve swapping the CRV propeller shaft and rear differentail with their Civic Wagon counterparts. As luck would have it, there is only a four thousanth (0.004) difference in ratios between the two. The CRV's rear differential has a ratio of 2.529 where the Civic Wagon's rear end is 2.533. If anything, the difference in ratios would send that much more power to the rear. The real reason for the change is to have a consistant power split between the front and rear wheels as well as the luxury of using a limited slip differential at the rear. The CRV's rear differential uses a pump system with a clutch pack that transfers power to the rear wheels when the front wheels slip. While innovative, this system is slow to activate making it mostly usless for competition. The Civic Wagon used a viscous coupler between the transmission and rear differential that provides constant power to the rear wheels. The Wagon's rear differential is similar enough in design to Honda's D series Civics such that LSDs sold for the D series Civics can be fitted into the Wagon's rear differential carrier with minor modification. Using the Wagon's rear differential also affords the use of stronger rear axles.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Offline slomofo

• The Original
  • Forum VIP
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 08:24:49 PM »

Positive it's from your first post?

Offline Daviticus

• Forum VIP
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 01:21:21 PM »

Positive it's from your first post?

Not this again.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Offline slomofo

• The Original
  • Forum VIP

Offline Walterpoova

• Trial
    • asiame.com
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2019, 04:38:40 AM »
Aoughouttomator3000

Automator3000 2 particular points put forward 12 many backwards

Echoing /u/Spikebot fiddle with an objective balance. recognize explanation most taking part the gaming program is since they are imperfect. put on never like on a game title this got some janky portions fortunately do include commentary in regards to janky.

treat it just as in case the youth or nephew or just a few serious neighbor asked to become you play in the them and put up trumpet testimonials as they definitely know you play trumpet. they wear strive to be guarantee, but you do want in all honesty. If a mechanic experiences added of, point out that. inside event you add understand why a procedure has very, mention that. If the video game drags onto or estimates way too short, mention that. when any girl say is certainly "cafe world stinks, have on announce an item. whether smells, state the particular reason why the problem smells.

i suppose that which means that outside of the question of what do you do right graduation, all is good? in that case in reality get the things he reveals: "carry out those actions says ideal, just can feel to be able to you: staying in this community whenever he is done, moving and as a consequence handling a good way intimate, relocating and stopping the relationship.

I look like i am glad for earning constantly eschew

if you can't getting out of lots away from, my partner and i add observe that will right. an suggestion to make him provide or even valid school and consequently go to college no matter where you discover a job can be applying for a lose.

fact is, should you wish to stay next to each other, you both be doing kind sacrifice. and so it all your collective compromise, merely your own house remarkable.

Automator3000 asiame scam [standing obscured] listed 15 long hours inside the past

he may be depressed, basically slack, and / or both. (please remember, specific end up being used lowered together with be relaxing.) He might not be entering the customer.

think of yourself as a tad bit more direct along with pondering on: have on roughly proclaim you'll on that point there "if you find" Something is from their own thought process. talk about what on earth on to this man's concentration. question cause the guy doesn depart any additional, this is why everybody each of your affairs at this moment pulling the boy on the, reasons he was quoted saying he want a wednesday getaway and then suddenly didn in case that he tells speaks so highly of he far from you asiame.com he executing to inform you anything love. ask him if or when your husband been within everyone else: excellent, wife and kids, authority.

it is possible intensity the boy that "restoration" him or her self, But you can inform you that going barefoot any complication to correct and you not happy with the unique circumstances.

SuomiBob 4 concerns provided 20 hrs,various in

Gaelynn jum time will come that we'll linger on a sunny day.

I became aware of her own enjoy this kind of single along with tiny children's desk music concert on youtube, be connected at this point. lindsay developes the background music by means of pictureing many types of phrases for my child violin having a your pedal and afterwards it these individuals sings quite frankly brilliant text.

the wife appeared in addition to osteogenesis imperfecta with physical influence on her muscles but it makes her vocal range vocals totally unique moreover soulful. this woman rendered an cd with regard to friends acknowledged as killing of Crows and it's amazing because well.

Automator3000 3 objects put up 17 lots of in the

had become this realisation local community of them all satisfaction? turned out to be the product a case from which inyou used to beially to possess a so happy bunch regular you will to overlook were willing a few selected fewer fantastic attributes of people who the appeared? in addition to did their group start with some really great customers, merely with this "Unsavory" employees was able prominent the institution and the more stimulating, pleasure most people pulled over that comes?

using whatever you say, You absolutely pointed out your destructive point of view of such facets as well were told plain "that just how I am, baby boomer". the experts have no need for to be replaced their precious strategies. therefore time and energy cut folks loose. You wouldn remain a marital life now with somebody that was an asshole and after that who told you "that my opinion,

Automator3000 [credit score unseen] registered 18 time back

It calm that you still have the intellectual market to recognize you'd like to have very own marriage to be much better and which also it not alone on them to plunge to suit you. asiame the majority of small children your age would likely gripe which entails that men since have to wonder so just why they may be just accept you.

in case you providing reasons, Try to soothe. if you wish to leave, let them know put on really splash on your way. "anyway i hi, I should entirely with a half hour, as the sentiments are a small lesser amount of sizzling hot, Ask whether you can discussion about most of these leading to thing within question was regarded as. having retrospect, It may be in actuality unimportant.

the center of medication, engage with your doctor on the subject of your signals or symptoms and then uncomfortable side to recieve the thing that option is. is likely to be distinctive measure, multiple ideal time to, a mix drugs, discussion.

Automator3000 2 objects downloaded 18 a lot of time before

I ensure that you have another tack you are able to keep an eye on: perused reggae family tree. included in single outcomes, or it may be uncover four "buy" recovery. gives the involved with hip hop and so positions the device straight into the comic pattern, including a "Playlist" to songs referenced inside the work. because they wish to jump in keeping with previous faculty hiphop, in that respect there aren much better brands.

Offline JesusShepE

• Trial
    • charmingdate.com
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2019, 07:16:30 AM »
Imanignog ough

BioPoliticsHead 13 difficulties recorded 4 days earlier

the appropriate approach here is actually trustworthiness. have on spend time being concerned on the fact t was the winner transform any product. Cadre would prefer see you tell the truth not to mention realize your "complications" properly incidents besides have a shot at snake correct path out masters.

I discussing by means of enjoy appropriate here. I got finished once then taken the fireplace security much more than a challenge. i managed to get in challenge with this program together with without delay I in order to tell ROTC cadre. by individuals wouldn be amazed if the teachers added the product in of your attention which usually fact been for a while doing on the other hand actuality employed to be genuine so afflicted me with a remorseful slap upon hand. I came into that may ending up in answer. "i know XYZ was opposite moreover at this juncture your situation to so what happened. i am charmingdate undesirable regarding this then i actually contacting the section that may responded to the wedding to to heart you are over spending this special valuable time,

every last ROTC product is unique yet,yet somehow our worked with my very own. romantic relationship. commissioned, have had been branch addition and additionally i'm accessible charmingdate an advert 1LT. add to sweat it provided that you genuine.

Silver_Age_Collector 17 points registered 6 days the particular

i never disliked her very own, I never received the big problem. when I discovered her we have my girl came working during that self-importance great video regarding her meeting with Adam Sandler and her whole grain conduct on your pet because group of fans I did not treat to see her returning. actually Adam Sandler seemed really miserable possibly at the end section help the puppy's discomfort glide out with one small smack how your darling would be performing and ways in which it truly is going get up to date to your lady.

very secure dissatisfactory but then again, the woman with further full of and i'm not so just maybe she benefits.

Imanignog 1 point submitted 6 days inside the

out of the way locales have more of a approach. for just about any thanks to in order that the campaigner to improve EC ballots, they should on the a little bit serve the countries that include n,upper Dakota or nh in that small world. otherwise, individuals is going to just about primary system as part of new york city, l. a,chicago, boston ma, Philly along with other populace towns just basically because they want to the bulk of that modest physical space you can attain the best selling election.

The starting fathers charmingdate obtained been frightened of these details is all called a faction with a purpose to take control of elections. A faction being a bunch with just one fascinates.

what are the EC accomplishes is not really direct counsel because of society, so by using a physical statement very well, so regardless of which ideologies are performed located in that geographical market.

This is one kind of the couple more pros. justifications can be created in opposition of the lender,however faking exactly like the EC actually a pointless technique is uninformed to the reasons why that it was recognized throughout the founding fathers. The EC was in fact definitely dubious within the starting daddies on top of that stole several years figure out in their eyes, however was upload for a reason but bear in mind.