Author Topic: My Vacation Mega Thread with Over 15,700 pictures  (Read 76851 times)

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
Re: My Vacation Mega Thread with Over 8,500 pictures
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 12:03:42 AM »
love reading your vacation threads.  How I miss universal when I lived in california in my younger years.  Looks like a TON has changed since I was last there. 

So you said that king kong is now 3D?  What happened to the old setup, that was one of my fav parts of the backlot tour.  sucks that the bridge isn't used anymore, but the other things look way interesting to see! 

Thanks man.  Yeah the Original Kong Encounter was completly Destroyed a few years ago.  Back in June of 2008 a fire broke out on the Backlot and Burnt down most of the New York sets and the Kong Encounter.  It burned it all completely to the ground so nothing could be saved.  I also liked the old version and prefered it to the New version but the new version is still very cool. 

Although the park still doesn't have a whole lot there its still one of my favorite theme parks.  If you think its changed alot from when you were younger its about to get another major overhaul.  The Terminator attraction closed today and will be replaced with a Dispicable Me ride, Theres something new supposedly coming to where the Grinchmas Tree Lighting show is located, and they are adding the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to the park like in Orlando.

2000 Integra Type R | 2001 G20t | 2007 Mazda3

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 10:06:21 AM »
Honeymoon Mexican Riviera Cruise Febuary 23rd-March 2nd 2008

Day 1

I always like to start my vacation trip reports from the beginning. Cause getting to the location or in this case the port is half the fun. Kiera and I got married on Febuary 22nd, 2008. Me being the procastinator I am I waited tell almost the last minute before booking our Honeymoon. After looking into all options I decided on a 7 day Cruise. Because I waited 2 weeks before the sailing we got some pretty good last minute deals and I booked us a Balcony room on the Carnival Pride that sailed out of Long Beach, California and would cruise the Mexican Rivera and visit the Towns of Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas.

The trip report starts the Morning of Febuary 23rd, 2008. The day after our wedding. For our first night married we stayed in one of the tower rooms in the Little America Hotel in Downtown Salt Lake City. It was the perfect start to the perfect Honeymoon. The hotel was very nice and had great views of the valley. It was rainny and cold that morning (it was as well for our wedding the day before) so we were happy to leave that all behind and head off to Southern California.

After Checking out of the Hotel we grabbed a quick lunch at a local Taco Time and then headed to the Airport to catch our Southwest Airlines flight to Los Angeles. Once we found our gate we made a few phone calls to Kieras parents so they could come pick up our car (yeah im not paying long term parking fees there) and also to Kieras friend who would be picking us up in California.

The Flight went quickly and after we got our Luggae Kieras friend was there right on time to pick us up. Kieras friend was going to school in Malibu at the time so she was nice enough to pick us up that day and save us the money from having to rent a car or pay for a shuttle. I thought we would have escaped the crappy weather. But it found us. LA was cold and rainy as well. Since it was mid afternoon Kieras friend asked us if we wanted to just tour around the area. We weren't in any rush and once we would be out our hotel we wouldn't be able to do anything anyways so we said why not. She took us down the costal highway from Santa Monica up to Malibu and then thru some mountain pass roads. We stopped and saw her apartment and she also took us out to dinner that night.

On our way to our Hotel in Long Beach she decided there was one more thing we needed to see. That being a place called "Diddy Riese" in Westwood. I highly recommend checking this place out If your ever in Southern California. Its just a small Ice Cream Sandwhich shop. They put ice cream between 2 fresh homemade cookies and the best part is that it only costs $1.50. When we were in Southern California again last December we made a 30 mile detour to go get one. They are that good lol. We also walked around Westwood for a little while. Its next to the UCLA campus so it has a vary vibrant Collage feel to it. We also went down the street and saw the LA LDS Temple as well.

After that she dropped us off at our Holiday inn in Long Beach where we would be staying the night. The hotel was about 5 miles from the port. It was older and is odd as its in a circular building. However it recently had some renovations done and I thought it was great for the price we got it for. The rest of the night we just watched TV and got everything ready to head to the Port in the morning to start our Cruise.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 10:08:02 AM »
Day 2

We woke up the next morning around 9am so that we could be ready to catch the shuttle that our hotel provided to the pier at 11am. I went down and put our name on the shuttle list and then went back up stairs to pack and get ready to check out to head to the ship. As we were leaving the room we got in the elevator with another young couple. They too went out and got in the same shuttle as us. I'm not the type though who typically says anything so needless to say the shuttle ride to the Port was fairly quite.

After we got all our luggage unloaded we went and got in the line for check in or embarkation. It seemed like this line took forever. The line was long outside the building. And then it was even longer inside the building. The couple I mentioned from the hotel were right behind us in line and I happened to notice that they guy had a Universtiy of Utah hoodie on. I asked him if they were from Utah and they said there were. Wow what a small world as we were too. As we talked to them more it turned out that they were married the same day at the same time that we were just a different temples. It was nice having them to chat to as the line slowly moved along. Unfortunatly we never ran into them again during the cruise.

We finally got thru the line and all checked in and we were on the ship. The directed us to the Lido deck where the embarkation lunch was going on so we went up there and got some food cause we were starving. Since our room still wasn't ready we decided to walk arouind the deck and check out the ship. The ship is themed to a rennesance theme. Meaning there are alot of old european paintings and statues thruout the ship. It was very beautiful but because many of the paintings and statues portray people nude I don't know if this is a ship I would bring children on. Up on deck on snapped a few pictures of the city of Long Beach as well as the Queen Mary which is right next door.

After exploring the ship we decided to go to our room to see if it was ready for us yet. To our suprise it was. I was very happy with our room. I booked the cruise thru Hotwire.com and got the garrenteed rate on a balcony room. The lady I talked to when booking it told me there was a good chance the view would be ubstructed but ours wasn't whatsoever. It was also high up on the ship. I can't remember what deck it was though exactly. The views were great and it was so nice to have the balcony to out on at relax at night listoning to the crashing waves. We always said that now that we had a blacony room we would be spoiled and always want a balcony room for every cruise we do. However since we are tight on money for our upcoming cruise on the Glory we just booked an inside cabin. So that will be an interesting change for us lol. Many of the following room pictures were taken later at night. However I felt this is the right spot to post them lol.

After we got settled into the cabin the call shortly came for the muster drill. We grabbed our life vests and made our way to our muste station for the drill. That went by quickly and we would soon be on our way.

The ship started moving so we went up top to watch it pull away from the port. We were officially on our way on our first cruise ever. Would it be something we loved and would crave to do again and again. Only time would tell. We walked around the ship some more and just started taking the experiance in.

When I booked the cruise the lady recommend us having the late dinner. That way we could spend more time when we are in the ports. However after this cruise I recommend paying close attention to the itenearry and chose which dinner would be best form there. We chose the late dinner on this cruise and well we wish we would have done the early cruise because we were back on the ship cause it was leaving the ports (except for puerto valerta) well before 6pm. This left us waiting hungry for dinner to come lol. Needless to say for our next cruise we chose the early dinner based on our itenearry. Dinner was great. Very very good food and the service was excellent. We were off to a great start.

After dinner we did a little more wondering and went and catched whatever show was taking place that evening in the theater (something we did every night of our cruise). This is the last picture from day 2. This was from the see-thru staircase that suspends high above the atrium. I'm scared to death of heights so needless to say it was pretty trippy to me.

After that it was back to our room for some relaxing on the balcony and going to sleep.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 10:09:52 AM »
Day 3

There wasn't really anything exciting going on with Day 3. It was our first full day at sea and well I didn't exactly take many pictures. In fact I only pretty much took these 6. I don't remember all that we did that day. I know we went to some of the shows and games that were going on. Probably laid around the pools and hot tubes. And I think we watched a movie in our cabin that night. It was also our first formal night for dinner so we got all dressed up for that. I also belive that was the first dinner we had with the people we shared the table with being there. Anyways heres some of the pictures from that day. Like I said it was pretty uneventful. But it was nice to just sit back and relax.

One thing that kinda sucks happend this night though. While walking to the theater to catch the comedian I was walking slightly ahead of Kiera. She said something so I stopped and turned to see her and she walked right into the back of me. She was wearing flip flops and I had shoes on and her little toe collided right into the back of my shoe. It was hurting her the rest of the trip and when we got home we had it looked at. Turns out she did end up breaking it. So thats kind of a joke we have now that I broke her toe on our honeymoon lol.

So yeah thats it for our uneventful first day at sea.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 10:11:18 AM »
Day 4

Day 4 was our second day at sea.  Once agian there wasn't a whole lot going on again.  We hit more shows and games as well as laid by the pool and relaxed in our room and in some of the lounge areas.  I think this was the night I first got Kiera to try some sushi.  We also watched another movie in our cabin.  I know so exciting huh.  Anyways on with the pictures.

We awoke in the morning after sleeping in to this great view from our blacony.  I still can't belive we didn't book one again for our next cruise.  I loved just sitting our there litsoning to the waves as Kiera would get ready for the day.

After breakfast we went and got some ice cream (honestly when didn't we have ice cream lol) and we noticed we were coming up on city.  That city would be Cobo San Lucas which we would return to as one of our ports later in the cruise.

Later we went and relaxed in one of the lounge areas and people watched.  The cealing was reflective so after messing around with my camera settings for a little while I was able to get this shot.

We also went and did some more ship wondering.  This time we found the hallway thing that wraps around the main theater.  I can't remember the what its called though.  The one on the pride is themed to a garden.  We were suprised to find that we were the only ones in there so we kicked back and relaxed for awhile.  We seriously didn't see anyone else come thru while we were in there.

Continuing our wondering we found one of the front decks.  Once again we were the only ones at the time there.  However as we went there each night as our ship would leave the ports more and more people seemed to be finding it.

On the first day of the cruise we also found a deck that wrapped around the dinning room at the back of the ship.  We spent alot of time here as well to watch the sunsets as once again there wasn't very many people there.  The sunsets were all very beautiful from the ship over looking the nice water.  We loved it.

That night after dinner we went back to our room to find our second towel animal.  We still had time before the show that night in the main theater so we watched a movie and probably grabbed some more ice cream lol.  I recommend taking your favorite ice cream toppings with you.  We took a bag of gummy bears and I was in heaven the whole trip being able to put them in my ice cream.

After the show it was time to get some sleep.  Tomorrow would be our stop in Puerto Vallarta.  I'll be posting that soon.  Needless to say there are lots of pictures from our stops at the ports.

Day 5

Anyways onto Day 5 and our first port in Puerto Valerta. When we awoke in the morning we were already docked (yeah we liked to sleep in). So we had the beautiful area to look out on. Puerto Valerta is diffenitly the prettiest stop on a Mexican Riviera cruise. The surroundings are very nice and the city is decently clean as well.

After eating breakfast we got off the ship and then asked ourselves "what do we do now?" Being that we just got married we didn't have the money to plan any shore excursions. We just decided to do our own things at each of the ports. So we decided to go wonder around. Once off the ship theres a little welcome center and a shopping complex where the locals have little boths and such set up.

We wondered thru the shops to find me a pair of sunglasses. I was smart enough to not bring a pair with me so that was a must once we got off the ship. One thing I recommend is to not make yourself look dumb when haggling prices lol. I found a pair of Oakley knockoff sunglasses that I liked but found they were $20. I told the salesman that they were too much and I didn't have that much money on me. He then tried talking me into paying $15 for them. Once again I told him I didn't have that much. He asked me how much I had and I told him $10. He said he couldn't sell them that cheap so we said thanks and we started walking away. He then called us back and said he would sell them for $10. I said ok only to find I didn't have a $10 bill on me. I only had 20's. So after telling him I only had $10 I handed him a 20 and he gave me my change and we were on our way. I felt so stupid afterwards though.

There was a mall about a half mile away so we decided after looking at all the shops at the port we would walk down there. We had to walk along one of the main roads there and I couldn't belive how crazy some of the drivers are in Mexico. This was something I saw in all the ports. They drive so crazy lol. We finally made it to the mall. Which there really wasn't much to see. However it was right next to the beach and this sign just made me laugh.

After finishing up at the little mall we decided to walk over to the beach. It was pretty but the water was very cold. We had halled our swimsuits and towels and such in my backpack but the water was too cold to enjoy it so we just went on a nice walk down the beach.

As we walked along the beach my stomach really started to bother me. I wasn't feeling very good at all. This going along with Kiera having to limp most places we walked because of her toe that I broke a couple nights before. We were also getting hungry and I hoped maybe that would make my stomach feel a little better so we made our way back to the ship.

I really regret saying it but once we were back on the ship we never got back off. Puerto Vallarta is a very pretty city and I hope to go back again someday when I'm not sick and actually be able to tour the area instead of the beach next to the port.

Once back on the ship we went and got some lunch and I noticed this from the lido deck. There are Wal Marts in Mexico. I wondered how different it would be from the US ones and i'm sure many tourists make there way there each and every day.

After lunch we went and changed into our swinwear to go relax by the pool. Since most the ship was empty we were able to get some decent spots.

After changing back into our normal clothes we went for a walk to grab some ice cream and also caught one of the shows taking place on the ship about mexican culture.

This was one of the other ships docked with us

The day started to get dark so we relaxed some more up on deck. We also snapped some more pictures to kill some time before dinner.

This was the night at dinner where they allowed whatever in the dinning room. It was nice not having to get all dressed up cause we were tired and hurting and I still wasn't feeling to great. They had the Mariachi band that was in the show earlier in the day walking thru the dinning room playing music which was really neat.

After dinner we went back to our room and found our newest towel animal.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 05:00:59 PM by Teknik_DC2 »

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 10:11:46 AM »
After resting some we realized it was almost time for us to pull out of the port and be on our way to our next distination. I wanted to watch so we went back up to the deck to watch us leave. We went to that front deck to watch us pull away and I tried snapping a few unique pictures with my camera. Heres just a couple. The second being probably my favorite picture from the whole trip.

After we were out of Puerto Vallarta we grabbed some ice cream and went back to our cabin to relax on the balcony again and catch another movie. Then it was off to bed to be ready for Mazatlan the following day. I just hoped I would be feeling better and Kiera would be able to get around easier as Puerto Vallarta ended up being somewhat of a bust for us.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 10:13:25 AM »
Day 6

Day 6 brought us to Mazatlan, Mexico. This was our least favorite stop. Mainly because Mazatlan is mostly all city. Yeah there are some resort areas but they arn't anything like Puerto Vallarta or Cobo. However in Mazatlan I felt this was where we truly saw the Mexican culture as well as how people truely live in Mexico.

When we woke up we were once again already docked. As Kiera got ready I went out to the Balcony and took some pictures of this port.

As you can see the port is located in the industrial area of Mazatlan. When we saw this we really had no Idea what we were going to do for the day. We saw they had shuttles taking us from the ship to probably the exit of the industrial area. But even still it was obvious that we were nowhere near the town let alone the shopping area that they recommend the tourists go to called the "Golden Zone".

We ate breakfast and then headed down to get off the ship to see where we would be after the shuttle ride. Where we ended up was the largest cruise terminal center of any of the ports we went to. Inside they had a bunch of small booths of tour companys and other places to see in Mazatlan. Kind of like a little travel convention. We looked at the tours and found that that would probably be our best way to view or tour the city. The one we went on we choose because it was only $25 a person and they offered free beer or soda for those who took the tour. The tour lasted I belive 4 or 5 hours. So we had plenty of time. We figured the buisnesses offering the tours must be reputable if they are allowed to be in the cruise terminals.

After enough people signed up for the tour we loaded into the van and we were on our way. The first place we went to was on top of hill. It was just above the industrial area and had a small resturaunt at the top. We had to go thru some residential areas to get there. It was sad to see the way some people lived there. Especially considering the high class people (which the tour guide keep refering to them as) such as the doctors and lawyers still lived in small beat up homes. The views from the top of the hill were pretty decent though.

After being done at that hill we loaded back into the van and were on our way to the next destination. We drove along the shoreline road and went thru the old tourism area. It has since become run down as the tourist area was further moved away form the city. We stopped at some cliffs along the road though where the "Cliff Jumping" takes place. I've done my fare share of cliff jumping at Lake Powell but it was nothing like what these guys are doing. They run and jump off the rock out about 15-20 feet and dive into the water that is only about 5 feet deep the tour guide told us. They have to time it just right for when the current comes in so the don't hit the bottom. Also all the rocks are very jagged and if one thing goes wrong they would be dead. Infact someone had died there only a couple days earlier because he timed it wrong. I must say this was the coolest thing in Mazatlan. These guys are amazing at what they do and it is a huge tourist draw. And they don't get paid to do it ether. They did have tip jars set up so i gave them some money for putting on an excellent show.

After we watched the Cliff Jumpers we were loaded back into the van and were on our way into the old town. This is where things got really interesting as you saw the daily life of the Mexican Citizens. I also couldn't belive how small there streets were. Even with there crazy drivers. I'm glad I wasn't driving because I would have gotten very lost very quickly lol.

While driving thru the old city we made and unsuspected stop at a jewelry store. This was where we could get our free beer or soda. The tour company must have an agreeance with the jewelry store. Because I swear we were the only ones there. And i'm sorry to say it but everything there was ugly. Just a quickstop to try to make a buck off the tourists I guess. It was really funny though when I went to get a drink as the guy at the counter ran off about 9 different beers they had and no soda. I told him I didn't want beer I wanted a pepsi. He couldn't understand why I didn't want a beer. I told him I don't drink alcohol but he still couldn't understand that. Finally I got my Pepsi though and we were on our way.

Our next stop was at the cathedral of the immaculate conception. I'm not Catholic but i'm a respecter of all faiths and frankly you can't help but acknowladge beautiful buildings and work of art. The Cathedral is one of the most beautiful things i've ever seen. The work is so fine on it. If your ever in Mazatlan its a must see no matter if your Catholic or not. They have like a town square park as well in front of it with many beautiful flowers and local trees as well.

After the Cathedral we thought we were done but the tour guide wanted to show us the local Market that was a couple blocks away. So we started walking that way. We passed the first of what would be many Senior Frog stores on the way. Seriously these things are on every other corner down there. Kinda funny considering there was only 1 actual Senior Frogs restaraunt there.

We then arrived to the market. Nothing makes you really appreciate what we have here in the US then by seeing there market. Its basically huge building where different people rent out space to sell there goods. Some will be selling clothes, some boxed food, some canned food, others produce, different meats, and finally a bunch of smaller ready to eat shops. It was quite the experiance. Especially seeing the meat section where most everything was almost at room temperature and not wrapped up or sanatized or anything. It smelt in there and it was very dirty. You feel so sad for these people after seeing the circumstances they live in.

After the market we went back to the van to head out of the old city and to the tourism area known as the Golden Zone. In these area was where the best deals and shops were at as well as the new high rise resorts and nicest beaches in the area.

We were soon at the Golden Zone where we had an hour to browse around and do some shopping. We walked around checking out most the stores and shops and even found most of the gifts we brought back to our families here. Mazatlan diffenitly had the best deals out of all the ports.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2013, 10:14:30 AM »

We also walked over and spent some time on the beach. They say its one of the best beach areas in town but it really isn't pretty. None the less there were still alot of people enjoying themselves there. The odd looking white building in the pictures was there big Disco or basically a club. The tour guide told us thats where all the wealthy people hang out on the weekends.

After our time was up we headed back to the meeting spot for the van to head back to the ship. The tour guide decided to take us a different way to show us all the expansion going on in the resort district. At the time there were many new high rise resorts being built with what he said many more planned. It would be interesting to go back in a few years to see what part this new enfecious the city is putting on tourism and resorts plays on the rest of the city. Below are just some random pictures on the drive back to the Cruise Terminal as well as a picture of the actual Senior Frogs Restaurant in Mazatlan. Theres also alot of statues of naked people around the city. The very last picture being one of them even though its too far away to tell. The tour guide told us its because it gets to hot in Mazatlan in the summer for them to be wearing clothes lol.

We were soon back to the cruise terminal where we were dropped off. They did have some stands set up in a building just outside the terminal so we checked that out before heading back to the ship but it was the same typical stuff you see everywhere in Mexico. I had to take a picture of these little buggy cars. They are what some of the tour guides used for privete tours. I thought they were pretty cool and they were everywhere down there. I'm really glad that Mazatlan has many of these tour companys because it would be nearly impossible to see the city without them. Diffenitly something I recommend if you go to Mazatlan cause it sure solved our questions of what we should do there. We then made our way back to the ship to get ready for dinner and the evening.

After getting ready and relaxing some the ship was getting ready to leave port so we went up top to the front of the ship (after grabbing some ice cream of course) to watch us depart. I tried a few different settings on my camera to try got get some good pictures of the sunset but none of them really turned out too great other then the ones i'm posting. Before you knew it we were pulled out and on our way.

Once we were back onto the open sea we went to dinner and back to the room to see what our newest towel animal for the day would be.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2013, 10:15:04 AM »
We decided since we had some time still to kill before whatever show was taking place that night we would try to find the arcarde. I don't know why but we looked each day and couldn't find how you got to it. Well tonight we finally found it. Only to find that the prices to play the games were worse then you would find at a mall arcade. Oh well we still goofed around anyways.

After the arcade we went and took our seats for the show. After which it was time for bed after the long day we had had in Mazatlan. We needed to catch up on our rest for our final port the following day.

Well thats finally it for the Day 6 recap of Mazatlan.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2013, 10:18:12 AM »
Day 7

Day 7 brings us to Cobo San Lucas. This port was diffenitly the one that was most catered to tourism. The surroundings arn't very pretty as its all desert. However the town and marina area are very nice. We were already stopped again when we woke up so we had these excellent views off our balcony.

After breakfast we headed down to the bottom of the ship. There isn't an actual port in Cobo so they send little boats out to the cruise ship to shuttle you back and forth. It was pretty interesting but it worked. Once off the tender boats we started checking out Cobo. They have a large market right when you get off the boat where once again you can find all the typical mexican crap to buy. Since we did all our suvanior buying in Mazatlan we browsed thru there quickly and we were on our way.

We just walked around the board walk checkout many of the shops along it. They have a dolphin encounter place there which was pretty cool. We thought we would go watch some of the people entiract with the dolphins but it figures they wouldn't even let you watch unless you paid a small entry fee. They did have these glass windows though they looked into the dolphin tank and I happened to get very lucky and timed this photo perfectly.

We continued along circling the marina. Most the photos following will be from that.

We couldn't belive how clear the water was in Cobo. Even in the middle of the marina where hundreds of boats are passing thru all day long the water was still very clean and clear.

This Harley Davidson dealer at the mall was one of the nicest i've ever seen. Thought it was a nice touch that the bikers could park there bikes along the boardwalk as well.

As we reached the end of the boardwalk having completley circuled the marina we decided to head back and check out the mall. So we snapped a few pictures and then started heading back the way we came.

As we were prepairing to get off our cruise ship the cruise line really stressed to not take any glass bottom boats or water taxis in Cabo. We never did but we could somewhat see what they ment because most the people running them really nasty and suspecious. We had one such incounter on the way back to the mall. He tried convincing us to take his water taxi to the other side of the marina. Telling us he could take us to the other side, to the beach, to wherever we want, or even to the moon. I thought it was odd that he would say "we can take you to the moon". Only later on would I find out what that ment.

There are also many timeshare people set up along the boardwalk as well. They are alot more pushy then they are in the states as well. So keep that in mind if you ever go. I just ignored them and kept on walking.

We finally made it back to the mall. And wow. It was probably one of the nicest malls I had been it. It was still fairly new as there were still alot of empty stores. I must say I was shocked as we wern't expecting that when we went inside. I'd like to go back and see what all is there now. Even the outside was beautifully landscapped.

After we were done we decided to walk away from the boardwalk and go look at more of the actual city. We wondered some of the city streets a couple blocks from the pier stopping at the local flee market as well as a small resturant so I could grab an authentic mexican taco.

After wondering some of the streets we made our way back to the boardwalk and continued on back to where the tenders dropped us off.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 10:19:32 AM »

I think it was the Cabo Zoo or something that had this baby Leopard on the boardwalk. For a small fortune you could even have your picture taken with it.

As the pictures below show the Marina boardwalk in Cabo is very pretty and nice. The resorts surrounding it fit the vacation city vibe perfectly.

We finally returned back to the docks where we would catch the Tendor Boat back to the ship. However we sat down and contemplated if we wanted to go back to the ship. Kiera wanted to see the beach. Which was on the other side of the marina. We debated if we wanted to try to go there before we needed to get back on the ship. It was about a 35 minute walk there and we only had 1 1/2 hours tell we had to be back on the ship.

Well we decided we would hurry and make our way to the beach. We made it there speed walking in about 20 minutes and we were so happy we decided to go to th beach. It was by far the prettiest beach out of any that we visited on the cruise. Unfortunatly we didn't have a whole lot of time to spend there before we had to turn around and make our way back to catch the tenders in time to get back to our ship before it left.

We quickly started making our way back to the tendors however about halfway there we realized we had plenty of time still. So we decided to walk at a more normal pace lol.

Ok one thing people told us when we went to Mexico was that kids would swarm us wanting us to buy "chicklets". Basically they are mini packs of gum. Yeah not true for us. At least not on our trip. Infact we had to find some kids that were selling them. We finally did right before we got back to the ship. We bought like 10 packs for a buck. Just thought it was funny that we never got swarmed like everyone told us we would. It was also sad to see a drunk american couple yelling at who appeared to be the childs mother because they wouldn't take there quarter. The lady told them very nice that they only take american bills not coin. In which the couple pretty much responded "this is bull**** This is money. Money that is better then you money. I can't belive you won't take American money. Why won't you take American money". And yes they were screaming this at her. Um this is just a thought but maybe they won't take your American money cause your in Mexico and they take Mexican money here. Be greatful they take our bills. Gosh some people really piss me off especially when there drunk.

I also had an encounter here with one of the guys trying to get us to buy jewelry. When I declined he then tried getting me to but weed and other drugs telling me "it will take you to the moon". Thats when I realzed what the water taxi driver ment earlier. He too was trying to sell me drugs using the term "we can tak you to the moon". So if your ever in Cabo keep that in mind.

We made it back too the dock to catch our tendor back to the cruise ship. We had abought 25 minutes to spare as well. As we were waiting in line to catch the tendor there was a small band playing. This kid on the drums was no older then 10 years old and he was amazing. Seriously some of the best drum playing ive heard. So they got a tip from me for that because a kid with that much talent deserves it.

We were soon back to our ship where we went back to the room and relaxed for a few minutes before heading back up on deck to watch us depart.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2013, 10:20:23 AM »

For some reason we stayed at the back of the ship this time as we pulled away. The ship had pulled its anchor up and we were completly turned the other way and was pulling out when we say a tendor boat racing out to the ship. Sure enought it pulled up next to us and a guy jumped off of it onto our ship. He was very lucky cause had he been another 60 seconds away he may not have made it lol.

After being out back into the open seas we finally moved up to our usual spot to watch. However it was so cold up there that we werent there very long.

This was also our last formal night for the cruise. So once we were well on our way we went back and changed and went to dinner. This night we had the ship take alot of nice photos of us. But it figures that we didn't end up likeing any of them lol. Also at dinner that night the waiters and such danced around and stuff. That was pretty fun.

This was also the night for the Grand Gala Buffet. I must say I was very impressed with this and the things they were able to do with the food. They had the dinning room open and all set up for us to go in and take pictures first before they let us take the food.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2013, 10:20:57 AM »

After looking at the Gala Buffet stuff we went back to the room and got ready for the late show that evening.

After the show the Gala Buffet was finally open for our eating pleasures lol. So we both got a plate load of goodies and headed back to our room where we ate them and watched a movie before going to bed.

Well this ends the Cabo San Lucas part of the recap.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 10:23:10 AM »
Day 8

Day 8 of our honeymoon would be our final day at sea as well as our last full day on the ship. As with our other days at sea nothing real exciting happened. We were expecting this day to just be lazy where we could relax at the pools and catch some sun. I also had been on the water slide yet so I was planning on doing it this day. However all that was thrown out the window when we woke up and looked out our balcony to see that we were heading into some dark clouds.

Before long we were in the storm. It was raining and the boat was rocking pretty badly. Before long Kiera got sea sick and was pretty much hating life. There goes our final day to enjoy ourselves. Since there was nothing else to do we decided to walk the ship so I could snap some pictures of it and what it had to offer. So the next few photographs will be from that.

After wondering the ship taking pictures we found our way back to the casino. I'm not a large gambler by any means. Not even in Vegas. I will usually take $20 to gamble and thats it. If I lose it i'm done. If I double it i'm done. Simple as that. And seeing as Kiera was only 20 at the time and not old enough to gamble in the US I figured we could kill some time in the casino. I cashed out a couple dollars into nickles so we could play some of the nickle slots. She doesn't like gambling at all so the cheaper the better lol. Luckly the nickle slots kept us busy for awhile but we didn't win anything off them.

Kiera doesn't like when I play my $20 on the table. However In my opinion the tables are the only place where you can make some money when gambling. I found a $5 dollar blackjack table and cashed in my $20 on chips. Now when i'm in Vegas and i'm at a $5 dollar table $20 dollars will last me a while. Never have I almost lost my money as quick as I did on the Pride. The first time my wife watched me play as well. 3 hands in a row I lost. I was down to my final $5 chip. Kiera was getting mad because of how quickly I lost $20. I was in shock cause i've never lost it that quick. Luckly for me things turned around really fast. I won the next 3 hands getting me my $15 back as well as the following 2 hands so now I was up $10. Figureing I shouldn't give Kiera anymore heart attacks I decided to quit while I was ahead. To this day I still havn't gambled since lol. Even being in Vegas twice and Wendover once since then.

After dinner and the Comedian that night Kieras sea sickness was getting really bad. It was getting very stormy and because the ship was going faster then it had the rest of the trip we were rocking everywhere. So we decided to retire to our cabin early to try to get Kiera some rest and to get our bags packed and set outside the door to be picked up. After we got done we laid down and tried to sleep. I had no problem with it but because of how bad the ship was rocking Kiera couldn't sleep at all that night. Luckly that would be our final night on the ship before being back in Long Beach.

Anyways thats it for Day 8.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2013, 10:25:20 AM »
Day 9

Well I'm back with Day 9 and the final installment of this trip recap. We awoke to give us enough time to get out of our room and some breakfast before departing the ship. When we woke up we saw we were already back in Long Beach so we got ready and got our last things together and headed up to the lido deck to grab some food before getting off the ship. While eating breakfast we discussed what we should do for the day. We would be off the ship by 10am and our plain wasn't leaving LAX until around 9:45 that night. Seeing that my Blackberry finally had service again I got on the internet and started looking up local car rental agencys to find a car rental for the day. I finally found that Enterprise Car Rental at the Long Beach Airport was the closest to us. I figured thats only about 6 miles from the port so no big deal. We will just grab a taxi there and pick up a car. I called Enterprise and got everything set up and we were soon ready to disembark from the ship.

We were soon of the ship and in the forever long line to go back thru customs. Seriously this line didn't move. It took us like 45 minutes to get thru. Funny how it always seems like the line you get in takes the longest. Because ours wasn't moving at all where all the others were. Oh well before we knew it we were in the building and we bid a final farewell to the Carnival Pride.

After getting thru customs we quickly found our baggage and we went outside to catch a taxi. They had plenty there waiting for us so we didn't have to wait very long to get one. We got our stuff loaded up and we were soon on our way to the Long Beach Airport. So this was my first taxi ride ever. I never realized how pricey these things are. We were in the car for a whole 10 minutes. Like I said probably went 6 miles. The cost of the trip was $35. I was shocked. But then I guess I shouldn't have been because that was just the start of our expensive day of travel.

We got dropped off right in front of the Enterprise Rental agency and went in to fill out all the paper work for the car. I got the cheapest vehicle they had. Which ended up being a little Hyundai. But now is when the fees to rent this car would really add up. There was the base rental for the car plus the excess amounts of taxes. Then I got hit with the under 25 fee (I was 3 months away), then I got hit with the big one being the one way rental fee since I would be returning the car to LAX and not back to Long Beach. In total the car that day cost me around $85 bucks.

So now we got our car. We would finally be on our way. So what should we do now. I don't know lol. I hoped on the freeway anyways and started heading north while we decided. We finally decided we would go up to Hollywood since Kiera had never been there before and I hadn't been there since I was 14. Since we already paid enough as it was for the car we didn't get the GPS for it. Luckly I had Google Maps on my blackberry so we looked up the address of the Kodak Theater and had instant directions. Just with our luck of course though there was a marathon going on in the routes the Blackberry told us to go. So we had to try to find our own way anyways which ended up taking us thru China Town. Finally though we found Hollywood Blvd and we would soon be to our destination for the day.

I didn't realize how rundown Hollywood has gotton. It was dirty and ugly. However there was alot of construction going on so hopefully someday it will be back to its glory days. Parking is also a joke. Seriously there was nowhere to park. Unless you wanted to pay a small fortune. Which we ended up doing when we parked in the Hollywood and Highland Parking structure where it was $12 bucks to park. Thats as much as it is at Disneyland. And this is at a fancy mall in a run down city. Oh well just add that on top of the bill.

The parking structure is directly below the Kodak theater so we headed up the escalaters and out the front doors where right in front of us was the theater where Jimmy Kimmel Live is filmed.

Once outside we decided to turn and go right towards Gramans Chinese Theater. The threater is actually in alot better shape then I remembered it being. So I guess that was a good thing. We had some fun spending time taking some photos and looking for some of our favorite celebritys handprints and such.

After finishing up at the Gramans Chinese Theater we decided to just go some walking down Hollywood Blvd and down the Hollywood Walk of fame keeping our eyes open for some of our favorites stars. We didn't go too far down before we crossed the street and headed back the way we came. I also found a empty star that I told Kiera was hers.

On Hollywood Blvd they also the the Ripleys belive it or not Museum as well as one of the Wax museums. They actually have a pretty decent deal where you can got both of them for like $15 bucks a person. Had we not already paid over $100 that day alone for travel we probably would have checked them out. However since we were running low on money we just looked at the lobbys and left.

We made our way back to Hollywood and Highland. Also out in front of this are are a bunch of costumed characters. From Mickey Mouse, to Elmo, to Jack Sparrow, to Darth Vader. There are tons of them out there trying to make a buck. Keep in mind they charge you to take a picture with them so we just observed.

After watching the Characters some we decided we were getting pretty hungry. I really wanted to find a In-n-Out or a Jack in the Box since we don't have ether back home. But since I didn't know where anything was we decided to just eat at the Hollywood and Highland complex.