Author Topic: My Vacation Mega Thread with Over 15,700 pictures  (Read 64638 times)

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
Re: My Vacation Mega Thread with Over 13,800 pictures
« Reply #675 on: February 08, 2017, 10:54:50 PM »

2000 Integra Type R | 2001 G20t | 2007 Mazda3

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #676 on: February 08, 2017, 10:54:58 PM »
Day 5:  HondaFest and Seattle Center

This day was the reason we came to the Seattle Area when we did.  It was so that I could attend the HondaFest NW event by NWPMotive.com.  This is one of the largest Honda events in the country and being a Honda enthusiasts and one of the promoters for Utah's largest car event I always wanted to check out the event.

After we went to Church with my family we left Daniel at home with them and made the drive to the event.  I didn't realize how far away the event really was from our location though as it took nearly 2 hours to get to Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington.

The event was a lot of fun and i'm glad I went.  I saw some of the finest Honda builds I had ever seen.  But I also walked away with the impression of how good of an event we put on in Utah.  This HondaFest is one of the top events in the country.  And I felt that we do just as good maybe even better.  I would love to attend the event again someday.  But maybe I will try to bring my car to have in it next time.

Since it was just Kiera and I on the way home we decided to drive back into Seattle and go to the Seattle Center and Space Needle since we didn't go there on our previous downtown visit.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #677 on: February 08, 2017, 10:55:05 PM »
We found a place to park and then walked all around the Seattle center and all that it had to offer.  With pretty much everything costing money though we didn't do anything at all.  Just walked and took it all on in.  I figured you couldn't come to Seattle and not see the Space Needle.  Even if we didn't go up. 

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #678 on: February 08, 2017, 10:55:15 PM »

After looking all around the area we headed back again to my parents to just hang out the remainder of the evening.  Daniel had a blast spending the day with Grandma and Grandpa and playing with the Dog.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #679 on: February 08, 2017, 10:55:26 PM »
Day 6:  White Rock, Canada

One thing we considered doing but wasn't quite sure if we would or not was take a drive up to Canada.  I had never been before and neither had Kiera.  We packed our Passports anyways so with nothing else to do this day we decided to take a drive up to Canada. 

This was by far the worst day of the trip as far as the weather goes.  It poured rain all day long.  It took us a little over an hour to get to the Border which was a breeze to get thru.  It was so weird seeing the change on the Canadian side with Speeds listed as Kilometers and what not.  Funny enough we missed the exit to White Rock and were almost to Vancouver when we realized it.  We should have just continued to Vancouver but we turned around instead.

White Rock is a little town along the ocean.  The street was lined with many shops and restaurants along the boardwalk and pier.  But with how hard the rain was coming down and how cold it was the place was practically a ghost town.  Many of the shops and restaurants were closed. 

We did end up walking out along the pier despite the rain.  I read that you could sometime see Sea Lions out on the rocks and we hoped that would be the case.  But it wasn't.  Apparently they didn't want to be out in the rain ether.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #680 on: February 08, 2017, 10:55:35 PM »

We next decided we wanted to grab some lunch but we found it difficult to find a restaurant that was open or that wasn't very expensive.  We found a small shop where we bought some souvenirs instead before loading back up the car and heading back up towards the freeway.

We ended up finding a little Shawarma shop to eat at that was very good and reasonably priced.  Our final stop in Canada was at a small grocery store where we bought Ketchup Chips and other Canadian Candies.

With our goodies bought we headed back to the United States.  We beat the traffic to the border so it was a breeze getting thru.  We were surprised that it seemed to be easier to get back into the US then it was getting into Canada.

When we got back to my parents house we ended up just relaxing around the house the rest of the evening.  It was nice since we would be leaving to head home the next day.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #681 on: February 08, 2017, 10:55:48 PM »
Day 7: Travel to Home Part 1

The day to start the trek home was upon us.  We didn't plan to leave real early.  Just when we would wake up and get going for the day.  It was nice to not be rushed and take our time.  We got the car packed up and then drove in to Stanwood where we ate Lunch with my mom at a small Pizza place that was pretty good. 

Then we hit the road.  We would be spending around 7 hours on the road today and we would be spending the night in Baker City, Oregon.  Before leaving the Seattle area we did make a quick stop to see the Seattle LDS temple.  With the rain though we just drove by it instead of getting out.

Just like the previous day the rain was coming pretty good.  In fact it was snowing when we went up, thru, and over Snoqualmie Pass.  This made this portion of the drive a little bit scary but we made it thru.  I'm glad we bought this SUV as it would have been really scary in a car.

The snow and rain stopped as we came down the pass into the Washington Farm country.  With the weather now cleared up we pulled off at a fruit stand to get some fresh Washington Fruit and to use the restrooms.  Then it was back on the road.

I had hoped to make it Dead Man's Pass in Oregon before night fall but that didn't happen.  I wanted to hit before nightfall because we hit another storm in Oregon which meant we hit snow going up Dead Man's Pass as well.  Luckily the snow wasn't as bad on this pass as it was on Snoqualmie. 

At the bottom of Deadman Pass we stopped in a town to get some Dinner and use the Restrooms.  We were surprised Daniel made it without wetting himself as he needed to go badly on the pass and despite pulling over he wouldn't go outside with the snow coming down around us. 

Finally we made it to the Best Western in Baker City where we would be spending the night.  The room was clean and adequate.  It was just expensive as it was one of the few Hotels in the middle of nowhere lol.  But it worked just fine.  Baker City is also the halfway point between Seattle and Salt Lake so we would soon be home.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #682 on: February 08, 2017, 10:56:02 PM »
Day 8: Travel Home Part 2

Unlike the previous day we woke up a little early to hit the road as early as we could.  We grabbed some McDonalds for breakfast and then hit the road for Utah.

We drove until we got to Boise, Idaho where we stopped for a break.  We stopped at the Boise, Idaho LDS Temple and walked all around the Temple grounds to let Daniel stretch his legs a bit.  After getting some gas we were soon continuing the drive home.

We made a stop again in Twin Falls, Idaho for Lunch.  We ate at Chick-fil-a as they had a Playground for Daniel to run around in.  We also drove by the LDS temple here and took a look at the Falls that give the City its name.

We once again hit storms as we came into Utah and it was weird to us to see Snow in Utah as well.  But we were finally nearly home.  We meet  Kiera's Brother in Brigham City for dinner at Costa Vida and then 30 minutes later we were finally home.

Our largest Road trip we had ever done was complete.  And boy did it feel good to be home.

The End