Author Topic: UtahHondas stance about Grammar and Misspelling  (Read 4127 times)

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
UtahHondas stance about Grammar and Misspelling
« on: May 23, 2011, 07:55:27 PM »
If theres one thing that bugs me more then anything as of late on this website its the sudden rise of how many Grammar Police there are.  Many people have asked what the sites opinion or rules regarding using proper grammar.  Many websites actually have a grammar policy in place that must be followed or your post can be removed.  Up until now UtahHondas.net hasn't had any sort of Grammar Policy.  But I feel now its time make a statement about this because Not only am I getting sick of seeing the Grammar skills get worse and worse week after week but I'm also getting really tired with how many people jump down someones throut to correct them.

Here it goes.  UtahHondas.net encourages ALL members to use the best Grammar skills that they have.  Keep in mind the key word there is Encourage.  We understand that not everyone may possess the same Grammar skills as the next person.  We are also aware that many people only post on this website thru a mobile device.  All we ask is to take the time to write out your posts using the best grammar you can at the moment.  This not only helps you out but it will help everyone who reads our forum.  If you flat out reject this by using the attitude of "I don't care how i type.  I'm not in school" then your posts will be subject to being Deleted. 

Likewise to the Grammar Police (You know who you are).  This needs to stop.  Because many people post using mobile devices there grammer skills may not be the same as they are on a computer (I sure as hell know mine aren't).  No one needs to be told to go back to school and what not.  There may be many issues that reflect poor grammar that your not even aware of.  Stop with this BS.  Those who intentionally use poor grammar will be delt with.  Just as with those if any of you try to police the grammar issue then Your posts may be subject to removal as well.

So everyone please do us all a favor and at least try to use the best grammar skills that you can.  This also applies to misspelled words.

2000 Integra Type R | 2001 G20t | 2007 Mazda3

Offline TRIANGLE_BOY

• Taco Champ
  • Forum Staff
  • I wanna go fast
    • IG
    • Email
Re: UtahHondas stance about Grammar and Misspelling
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 08:00:13 PM »
Win!
94 civic coupe - Championship White - B16A - PTE5831

Offline gsrintegra

• Forum VIP

Offline FoUrDoOrWhOrE

• ISS Volunteer
  • Forum Whore
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 08:38:59 PM »
Yeah eric
1994 Honda Civic hatch-DD
1991 Integra sedan-RIP
"Without the DA, there'd be no B-series or VTEC -Honda Tuning"

Offline Importslut

• Next Level
  • Admin
  • POISON FREE
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 08:55:01 PM »
really? are we seven now?
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten
Hahahahahaha Eric is relentless in his pursuit of owning!
God damn it Eric. I love you sometimes.
Haha slut is like a cheetah attaking a baby gazelle he has no mercy on noobs
I don't know if you're making fun of me, with me, or just neutral. You're such an asshole lol.

Offline FoUrDoOrWhOrE

• ISS Volunteer
  • Forum Whore
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 09:03:54 PM »
Almost
1994 Honda Civic hatch-DD
1991 Integra sedan-RIP
"Without the DA, there'd be no B-series or VTEC -Honda Tuning"

Offline unified11

• Can't Blend Paint
  • Forum VIP
  • Blend Mixer 2000...It's like a painter, but faster
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 09:17:38 PM »
*sigh*
Go to Royal Repairs! Hands down, I would never evvvverrr go anywhere else under any circumstance for auto body repairs, buffing, waxing or anything along those lines.  ......the best of it all is they are some down to earth, extremely honest, fair priced, high quality providin' badass mother effers!  ;)

What the fuck are you saying. None of your posts make any god damn sense.

Offline Satan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 11:20:42 AM »
Well spoken!

Offline JAY30

• Forum VIP
  • HONDAOVERBITCHES
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 11:47:40 AM »
your and you're  :P

Actually, I've always had a rather extensive vocabulary, not to mention a phenomenal grasp of grammar and a superlative command of syntax. I simply chose not to employ them.

Offline Nate

• Next Level
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 12:16:58 PM »
Aww man.
I was lying (about being gentle with your car), my foot couldn't reach the floor. lol

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.