Author Topic: Test and Tune 7/20  (Read 12548 times)

Offline Potter_Bilt

• Forum Member
  • cable guuy
    • Email
Re: Test and Tune 7/20
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2011, 07:38:42 PM »
Do they give you shit for driving a boosted Honda?
Oh yeah...Its just joking back and forth. I give as much as I get though. Its mostly preference. There a few muscle cars guys who are absolutely anti import. I think a lot of it stems from them having a lot of pride on the line. Especially when your talking speed, if a honda loses its no big deal most are sub 2 liters. If a ls1 powered car loses its kinda sad...LOL not really but thats where the hostility comes from. I am on Utah Muscle Cars forum (I am going to build a boosted V8), and I can say 90% of the guys are very cool. There are bad apples on both sides though. Every time you come in contact with one those who are close minded its a chance to represent Hondas, and imports in general. Most of them expect a punk 22 year old. So when one acts like a grown @ss man it helps alter their perception.

Offline spockeg

• 9-Second Club
  • Forum Regular
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2011, 07:42:44 PM »
Just get some life time warranty axles from a parts store.. That's what i did all last season. I went through 1 driver side and 8 passanger side axles  :P  And i know that Car Quest remand axles will go 10.01  ;)
95 teg true street (35r) 10.01@151mph
SFWD 9.69@157mph
OUTLAW 9.41@155mph

Offline DX_JDM_HATCH

• Forum VIP
  • Old Guy Car Club
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2011, 07:11:02 AM »
Oh yeah...Its just joking back and forth. I give as much as I get though. Its mostly preference. There a few muscle cars guys who are absolutely anti import. I think a lot of it stems from them having a lot of pride on the line. Especially when your talking speed, if a Honda loses its no big deal most are sub 2 liters. If a ls1 powered car loses its kinda sad...LOL not really but that's where the hostility comes from. I am on Utah Muscle Cars forum (I am going to build a boosted V8), and I can say 90% of the guys are very cool. There are bad apples on both sides though. Every time you come in contact with one those who are close minded its a chance to represent Honda's, and imports in general. Most of them expect a punk 22 year old. So when one acts like a grown @ss man it helps alter their perception.

There is a guy I work with that I've become pretty good friends with.  He used to have a 700hp boosted DSM then moved into a Camero which he has now boosted as well.  We talk alot of shit back and forth but he's the same way.  he has much respect to anyone that takes the time to build their car.  On the flip side we have another guy that works with us and is just an ass hat about the whole American vs Import.
Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold
              ~Bob Marley

If there is no Enemy within, the Enemy outside can do us no Harm
              ~African Proverb

Build Thread - http://www.utahhondas.net/index.php/topic,40524.0.html

Offline slowass_EF

• Flying Coconut
  • Global Moderator
  • #TokoUso
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2011, 07:23:37 AM »
Just get some life time warranty axles from a parts store.. That's what i did all last season. I went through 1 driver side and 8 passanger side axles  :P  And i know that Car Quest remand axles will go 10.01  ;)
That's my plan lol
1989 CRX HF
1991 Civic Si
1988 CRX DX
1993 Civic EX Coupe
1997 Integra LS
1995 Integra GSR