Author Topic: What's Your Latest Project?  (Read 30162 times)

Offline 89 lx-i coupe

• Trial
    • Email
Re: What's Your Latest Project?
« Reply #210 on: June 11, 2014, 12:07:20 PM »
Started the project of upholstering my Del Sol. This is going to be the only "crazy" part of it (minus audio). The plan (at the moment) is keep it basically stock looking, but use upgraded materials and techniques

Offline 92HBack

• Forum OG
    • Email
Re: What's Your Latest Project?
« Reply #211 on: September 01, 2015, 05:05:36 PM »
Simple target setup for the carbine/nine combo. $25-$35.

The wood is 2x2 if I recall correctly, PVC is 2" as well. Some 3/8" chain from Ace Hardware and appropriate bolts/washers. The 4" & 6" plates I purchased on eBay. They are AR500 steel. Holds up to 9mm as close as 15yards no problem. We used the .223cal at more like 125yds and the steel plates showed no damage. But at 25yrds the .223 takes out chunks and dents the plates. Takes .22LR like a champ all day long of course.

I was worried that the impacts would blow the stand over but it stood up just fine. The PVC legs extend 2' to the front and 2' to the back. The wood frame holds snug in the PVC base but pulls out for storage/mobility convenience.

I'll be making a few more to space apart for a bit more fun. At the end of the day, the hardware and chains were a bit beat up but washers are cheap anyway.