Author Topic: radiator fans running after car is shut off  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Travis?

• Official Site Hillbilly and Really Nice Guy
  • Next Level
  • Chester Honda squads only member
    • Email
radiator fans running after car is shut off
« on: October 05, 2012, 10:44:27 AM »
Im wiring up electric fans in my car. If found two ways to wire them in. One turns them on when it gets to temp and shuts off with the key. The other way, they turn on when it gets to temp, but will stay on until the temps drop even after the key has been shut off.

Is there one way thats better than the other?

Offline BSTr

• Forum Member
  • I'm a Prick & I definatly Hate you!
Re: radiator fans running after car is shut off
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 07:16:20 PM »
The only benefit I could see by having it say on is, it MIGHT prevent the Radiator from Cracking.
If you have Plastic End Tanks i'd consider keeping it running...
I just need to take a damn driving test for my license next week or the week after i'll have the love of my life sitting in my drive way, 94 civic EG. she doesn't have a radio so she never says a word or talks back, no power steering so she isn't not driving me out of control, & no a/c so she won't be breathing down my neck all the damn time. but she's a keeper & I love her(:

Offline s2kallday

• Forum Noob
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 05:52:10 PM »
Most manufactures have it set up like this for places that get really hot like AZ n stuff cause it will keep the car from over heating after being driven then shut off in extreme temps. Either way u should be fine
Silly drag racers, don't you know girls like it longer then 13 seconds
Because Race Car

Offline FoUrDoOrWhOrE

• ISS Volunteer
  • Forum Whore
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 08:47:45 PM »
Once you shut off the car the water pump doesn't pump the water out of the radiator so no point in having it running after its off imo

blah blah blah

1994 Honda Civic hatch-DD
1991 Integra sedan-RIP
"Without the DA, there'd be no B-series or VTEC -Honda Tuning"

Offline Ninja

• 19-second Drag Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • The Great CRX HOAX!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 08:53:17 PM »
Once you shut off the car the water pump doesn't pump the water out of the radiator so no point in having it running after its off imo

blah blah blah

this is exactly what I was thinking. 

Only real benefit of the fans staying on, would be to stop a cheap radiator from cracking with heat.   

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge."

-William Shakespeare

-Jerry

DO YOU NEED A UTAH HONDAS STICKER OR SHIRT? -------->Click Me!
CLICK TO BUY TURBO STUFF!
CLICK TO BUY MY RADIO

Offline unified11

• Can't Blend Paint
  • Forum VIP
  • Blend Mixer 2000...It's like a painter, but faster
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 09:19:49 PM »
The '90-91 DA had an oil-temp sensor that would trigger the fans to keep running after the car had been turned off...

That being said, it wasn't on the '92+ Integras.. maybe it didn't work like they had wanted.

Either way, I don't see the harm in having your fans run for a short time after the car is off.
Go to Royal Repairs! Hands down, I would never evvvverrr go anywhere else under any circumstance for auto body repairs, buffing, waxing or anything along those lines.  ......the best of it all is they are some down to earth, extremely honest, fair priced, high quality providin' badass mother effers!  ;)

What the fuck are you saying. None of your posts make any god damn sense.

Offline Ferris

• Next Level
  • Global Moderator
  • Boobs!
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 09:57:33 PM »
Just so you guys know... the OP posted this a couple months ago and the issue has been resolved. Locking thread.
Quote from: magilke441
Teachers are eazy, they cirkel what you get rong as far as speling and puntcuation errers.
Spell something rong on the internet, and may God help you're sole.
"While driving this morning I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart."

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.