Author Topic: Heater doesn't work in my 90 accord.  (Read 1721 times)

Offline sushi_EG9

• Forum Member
    • Email
Heater doesn't work in my 90 accord.
« on: October 08, 2012, 09:29:35 AM »
Just recently the heater stopped working in my car. I checked the fuses in fuse box in the and under the dash both are fine. Is the motor bad or relay bad? Oh ya, I got a burnt wire smell right when it stopped working. Any help will be much appreciated.
DECEPTICONS MOBILIZE XD

Offline Ninja

• 19-second Drag Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • The Great CRX HOAX!
Re: Heater doesn't work in my 90 accord.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 09:32:09 AM »
does the fan kick on in any of the settings?  Typically if the resistor goes out on the fan, only the high setting will work. 

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge."

-William Shakespeare

-Jerry

DO YOU NEED A UTAH HONDAS STICKER OR SHIRT? -------->Click Me!
CLICK TO BUY TURBO STUFF!
CLICK TO BUY MY RADIO

Offline Ferris

• Next Level
  • Global Moderator
  • Boobs!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 09:37:04 AM »
How's your coolant level? If it's low the first thing to be starved is the heater.
Quote from: magilke441
Teachers are eazy, they cirkel what you get rong as far as speling and puntcuation errers.
Spell something rong on the internet, and may God help you're sole.
"While driving this morning I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart."

Offline sushi_EG9

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 09:40:49 AM »
The heater won't turn on at all no matter what setting.
DECEPTICONS MOBILIZE XD

Offline WuddaWaste

• Forum VIP
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 04:39:12 PM »
When you say your heater doesn't turn on.... you're referring specifically to the blower (fan), correct? 

If the fan doesn't turn on, we'd be troubleshooting the fan stuff (like Ninja said).
If the fan turns on, but the air isn't cold we'd be troubleshooting the heater core functions (like Ferris said).

In my Teg, I believe there's the blower switch, blower relay, heater motor fuse (40A in the under-hood fuse box), and then the motor itself.  I assume your Accord is probably similar.  I'd check the fuse first since it's easy to get to.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:58:16 PM by WuddaWaste »
I'm gonna show you 'colon usage' in a second if you keep that attitude up, young man!