Author Topic: car audio questiin  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Ferris

• Next Level
  • Global Moderator
  • Boobs!
car audio questiin
« on: October 22, 2012, 04:15:08 PM »
So... I'm shopping for aome new speakers for my Fit and came across some "bass blockers" and was wondering if anyone had any experience with these. I don't think I want to go to the extent of having 2 amps in the car because I think that would be overkill. Any input would be appreciated.
Quote from: magilke441
Teachers are eazy, they cirkel what you get rong as far as speling and puntcuation errers.
Spell something rong on the internet, and may God help you're sole.
"While driving this morning I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart."

Offline Ferris

• Next Level
  • Global Moderator
  • Boobs!
Re: car audio questiin
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 12:37:51 PM »
Nothing? Wow.... Thanks guys... ::)
Teachers are eazy, they cirkel what you get rong as far as speling and puntcuation errers.
"While driving this morning I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart."

Offline WuddaWaste

• Forum VIP
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 04:35:51 PM »
Are you talking about just the in-line capacitors?  They work as essentially a first-order high-pass filter and prevent the low frequencies from being sent to your midbass drivers.  It prevents some muddiness but obviously you lose your low end. 

A lot of aftermarket decks have built-in digital high-pass filters. If your deck has this, the bass blocker is completely unnecessary.
I'm gonna show you 'colon usage' in a second if you keep that attitude up, young man!

Offline Ferris

• Next Level
  • Global Moderator
  • Boobs!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 05:58:10 PM »
Ok... Thanks for that... I do plan on putting 2 10s in it so I won't want the bass in the speakers so they'll be more clear and crisp sounding. I'm going to get getting a component set in the front and some 3 way in the rear. I think It'll sound good.

Just noticed that I misspelled question... Ug... haha.

Offline WuddaWaste

• Forum VIP
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 07:00:27 PM »
Ha.  That happens.  I assumed it was a tpyo and not a misspelling.  ;)

I'd recommend checking the specs on your deck and seeing if it has built in HPF in it.  Doing the filtering via DSP is going to be more effective, more efficient, and obviously cheaper than buying something you don't need.
I'm gonna show you 'colon usage' in a second if you keep that attitude up, young man!

Offline S.P.Audio

• Vendor
  • One Deep
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 04:36:28 PM »
waste of money. buy a nice deck with a High Pass Filter. and some proper tuning will make any aftermarket speaker shine.

boya

Offline sohc-civvi

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 09:37:43 PM »
if you want your treble to be truley clean, and crisp. amp them. running two amps in a car is not hard at all. id recomend running two batteries if your going to be running anything big, just so you dont have problems with pulling too much power.
i personally am running 4 6/9 and two 10" subs memphis componants and jvc arsenal amps 800W for the treb and a monoblock 3000W for the subs.
i couldnt be more happy with my setup. 144 db in july...