Author Topic: When signaling left, rear blinker is really dim and reverse lights blink  (Read 1585 times)

Offline jsmilez

• Forum Regular
anyone know what the problem might be? the right side is just fine but when i signal left or have the hazards on, the rear left signal is super dim and can only be seen at night. also the reverse lights blink as well when i signal left. its on a 95 integra.

Any help is appreciated!

Offline Ninja

• 19-second Drag Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • The Great CRX HOAX!
sounds like a bad ground and/or frayed wires touching.

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge."

-William Shakespeare

-Jerry

DO YOU NEED A UTAH HONDAS STICKER OR SHIRT? -------->Click Me!
CLICK TO BUY TURBO STUFF!
CLICK TO BUY MY RADIO

Offline jsmilez

• Forum Regular
I thought it was the bad ground as well. but im not very good with wiring so im not sure which one of the wires for the signaling is a bad ground. Do you know which one is the ground wire?

Offline 89 lx-i coupe

• Trial
    • Email
Not 100% sure on an Integra, but the Civics have a combined ground below the hatch latch. You'll have to pull the rear trim panel to get to it. I think all the bulb plugs have a black ground (been awhile since I actually looked, other companies use different colors). Check to make sure none of the wires have detached from the ground ring. While you're there I'd replace the bolt and ring if they're corroded and sand the contact point down to bare metal.   I don't think the wires are covered either, so it should be fairly easy to trace from the ground to the socket.