Author Topic: UH.net Car of the Month Contest returns on Facebook  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
UH.net Car of the Month Contest returns on Facebook
« on: July 21, 2013, 05:44:18 PM »
Thats right.  After nearly 3 years the COTM contest is returning on our Facebook page.  If you havn't given us a like yet please do so now so you can participate in the contest.  Winning vehicles will be featured here on the site and win some UH.net stickers.

So heres the details of the new Car of the Month contest. Theres some major changes from the old contest so please read.  These changes are to make the contest easier to assemble and drive more participation as those two things are what killed the original contest back in 2010.

There will be 2 portions to the COTM contest.  Submissions and Voting.  Starting this Wednesday we will open the contest for vehicle submissions.

Anyone can submit there vehicle.  It can be running or not.  Track car or Hardparker.  It doesn't matter so long as 3 requirements are meet.  1. that you actually own the car. 2. that you are a registered member of UtahHondas.net and currently in good standing with the site (I.E. No banned members).  and 3. the car is a Honda or Acura (we will do a special contest every few months for Non Hondas)

Because we are looking to feature the best that our community has to offer we will only be choosing 5 cars submitted to compete in the voting portion of the contest.  We want to see the best of the best being featured so sorry but although you can submit a photo of your primered 6 with smashed fenders, altezzas, and stickers all over you likely won't be moving on to the voting.

Cars that make it to Voting and do not win will not be considered for voting again for 2 months to try to keep the contest fresh with different cars.  Don't be afraid to submit a car.  Although we've mentioned we don't want junkers we won't shy away from featuring cars that rock "fake parts".  Many cars still look great with these parts.  Hell you have have a super sleeper with a monster engine that could make the cut.

The contest will only take place on Facebook.  To enter submit a photo of your car on our timeline.  There is no limit to the number of submissions.  Submissions will be open for 3 days.  We will pick the top 5 and then voting will run another 3 days.  The car with the most likes will win.

The winner will be featured on UtahHondas.net and will also receive some free UtahHondas.net stickers. 

I think that sums it up.  I look forward to the contest starting this coming Wednesday and hope to feature some of the incredible vehicles we have in our community.  Thanks for your support.  We hope this will be a continued success.

2000 Integra Type R | 2001 G20t | 2007 Mazda3

Offline Drew

• Everything BDDT isn't
  • Event Planner
    • Email
Re: UH.net Car of the Month Contest returns on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 01:49:37 PM »
Can't believe it's really been that long!
Because Carguy is like a pregnant girl and is craving tacos

Heck, 5 paulanesian guys tried jumping my for my keys to my car at the skate park.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 02:18:01 PM »
Submissions are now open.  Post a photo of your car on our facebook page with your uh screen name for your chance to be featured and win some uh stickers.

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 01:16:09 PM »
Voting for August is now open on the Facebook page:

[url][https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.655769067786510.1073741828.113652138664875&type=1/url]