Author Topic: POST YOUR ENGINE BAY!  (Read 131275 times)

Offline Daviticus

• commanding the dipshits
  • Forum VIP
  • Still that one ghetto guy.
    • Email
Re: POST YOUR ENGINE BAY!
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2008, 03:20:29 PM »
You and your big-money setup Jason ... grr, makes me want a fast boosted Honda.
Of course the bandwagon is nearing the end of its shelf life. It's gone from foreign, to underground, to baller, to overdone, to being supported by the entry-level aftermarket. That's usually when things are about to die off.

Just waiting for the next trend.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Offline gsrintegra

• Forum VIP
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2008, 07:57:53 PM »
Mine

Offline gsrintegra

• Forum VIP
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2008, 07:58:30 PM »
Kyles

Offline mr2passat801

• Cock Meat Sandwich
  • Forum VIP
  • Failbot 2000
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 08:00:19 AM »
Well Tommy if you look at the mani (see all that Orange shit on the left) it was cracked and actually in 2 pieces (which they tried to glue back together with silicone but failed miserably) so it wasn't boosting (which is why I got the car so cheap). I plan on putting the Turbo back on come spring. I'm just going to do it right and not Half Ass it like the previous owner.

If you want a new mani i have a cast one, brand new. PM for details.

Ebay turbo+mani+wastegate FTW

Picture sucks...
Looks MUCH better in person....

Offline Satan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2008, 09:07:06 AM »
Well Tommy if you look at the mani (see all that Orange shit on the left) it was cracked and actually in 2 pieces (which they tried to glue back together with silicone but failed miserably) so it wasn't boosting (which is why I got the car so cheap). I plan on putting the Turbo back on come spring. I'm just going to do it right and not Half Ass it like the previous owner.

Picture sucks...

Ain't nothing like Ebay Garbage.... Now many times have you have to weld that exhaust manifold back up??? Turbo hasn't like, completely FALLEN off the car yet has it????  SSAC FTL!!

Offline UtahTurboSOHC

• Forum OG
  • FIAARR!
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2008, 04:10:57 PM »

Picture sucks...

Ain't nothing like Ebay Garbage.... Now many times have you have to weld that exhaust manifold back up??? Turbo hasn't like, completely FALLEN off the car yet has it????  SSAC FTL!!

Call it garbage all you want. Ebay is a good start for people without much money. I pieced a full turbo kit together for 400 bucks. Manifold hasn't cracked once. wastegate tube broke, once, from not having a support brace, welded it back and it's been fine.
Ebay turbos work fine. I know many people with them, and a few of them have been running them daily for years, never once had a problem.
D16z6. GoldenEagle. Precision Turbo. AFI Turbo. CG Racing. Hondata.
632hp 413ftlbs tq.
10.68@137 down the 1320'

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Benjamin Franklin, Feb. 17, 1775.

Offline Importslut

• Next Level
  • Admin
  • POISON FREE
    • My Blog
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2008, 04:21:51 PM »
And they make assloads of power like Jason too correct?
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten
Hahahahahaha Eric is relentless in his pursuit of owning!
God damn it Eric. I love you sometimes.
Haha slut is like a cheetah attaking a baby gazelle he has no mercy on noobs
I don't know if you're making fun of me, with me, or just neutral. You're such an asshole lol.

Offline Thefastest4dr

• Forum Transvestite
  • Forum VIP
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2008, 04:23:13 PM »

Picture sucks...

Call it garbage all you want. Ebay is a good start for people without much money. I pieced a full turbo kit together for 400 bucks. Manifold hasn't cracked once. wastegate tube broke, once, from not having a support brace, welded it back and it's been fine.
Ebay turbos work fine. I know many people with them, and a few of them have been running them daily for years, never once had a problem.

Im with this guy^ my first turbo kit was ebay "garbage". All and all worked wonderful. The stuff isnt made out high quality stuff but if your looking for a cheap midpower setup ebay is the shit.  :P
10.85@141mph CGtuned
"It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck your mother." ~ Joey "Coco"  Diaz

Offline UtahTurboSOHC

• Forum OG
  • FIAARR!
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2008, 04:36:01 PM »
And they make assloads of power like Jason too correct?

Did i fucking say that? NO. I said the shit works. And it's a good START for people without much money. I'm not sayin it's the best, just sayin it's cheap and it works.
632hp 413ftlbs tq.
10.68@137 down the 1320'

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Benjamin Franklin, Feb. 17, 1775.

Offline Satan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2008, 04:38:09 PM »
Sorry... Is it just me or... If you can't afford to spend AT LEAST the price of what the motor would be to get replaced or repaired WHEN you fuck it up, cause chances are, you WILL fuck it up.... ESPECIALLY with a junk, inefficient turbo setup.  Then you shouldn't be turboing your car in the first place.  

Offline Thefastest4dr

• Forum Transvestite
  • Forum VIP
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2008, 04:46:47 PM »
Sorry... Is it just me or... If you can't afford to spend AT LEAST the price of what the motor would be to get replaced or repaired WHEN you fuck it up, cause chances are, you WILL fuck it up.... ESPECIALLY with a junk, inefficient turbo setup.  Then you shouldn't be turboing your car in the first place.  

This is coming from a guy that hasent owned an ebay setup. Because he has a fat wallet and cortney as his friend. Of course hes going to talk shit on them.
10.85@141mph CGtuned
"It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck your mother." ~ Joey "Coco"  Diaz

Offline Jeffrey

• e1568c571e684e0fb1724da85d215dc0
  • Forum Staff
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2008, 04:48:45 PM »
I've seen ebay turbo setups run without too much hassle. It think it's more the fact that people buying ebay parts are often the same people who fail to tune their cars.

Offline Importslut

• Next Level
  • Admin
  • POISON FREE
    • My Blog
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2008, 04:50:18 PM »
How many people run non eBay setups? What does having green as a friend have to do with purchasing a real turbo setup? He couldn't have chose that setup after hours of research?
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten
Hahahahahaha Eric is relentless in his pursuit of owning!
God damn it Eric. I love you sometimes.
Haha slut is like a cheetah attaking a baby gazelle he has no mercy on noobs
I don't know if you're making fun of me, with me, or just neutral. You're such an asshole lol.

Offline Ninja

• 19-second Drag Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • The Great CRX HOAX!
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2008, 04:51:09 PM »
You can honestly find everything on Honda-tech for way cheaper by no named companies to piece your turbo kit.

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge."

-William Shakespeare

-Jerry

DO YOU NEED A UTAH HONDAS STICKER OR SHIRT? -------->Click Me!
CLICK TO BUY TURBO STUFF!
CLICK TO BUY MY RADIO

Offline UtahTurboSOHC

• Forum OG
  • FIAARR!
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2008, 04:53:43 PM »

HAHAHA will fuck it up?? Six months, 7psi, on a base map down loaded off the net. Shit works great. NEVER had a problem. And hey guess what?? IF it blows up, SWEET, it was 200 bucks for a low-mileage d15, 400 bucks for a turbo kit, and i had a shit load of fun with it. totally worth it. So what it's not a 10 second racecar.....i dont give a fuck.....I'm taking my time saving the money to buy what i need for my next turbo set up. Fuck using credit cards.
632hp 413ftlbs tq.
10.68@137 down the 1320'