Author Topic: 1995 Honda Prelude SR VTEC First Time At RMR  (Read 6948 times)

Offline 95Lude

• Forum Member
1995 Honda Prelude SR VTEC First Time At RMR
« on: September 07, 2013, 10:28:22 AM »
So I have my 95 Prelude with 206k miles on the engine and stock clutch. a new clutch has not been in the budget and i really wanted to run the car so i decided to do it. My good friend wanted to grudge match with his 2004 comp G gran prix so i thought "why not" I was able to run 6 times and every run was just rolling out of the beams as to no cause the clutch to slip. Every run was a 15.6@92mph with 2.5 60' times. The last run sucked and i know the clutch was hurting cause it went 16.2@90 with a 2.5 60' time. I was pretty happy with the car considering, and i beat my friend every time. he was running 16.20@82mph. Just thought i would share with everyone

Offline EG6.TAO

• Forum VIP
    • Email
Re: 1995 Honda Prelude SR VTEC First Time At RMR
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 07:04:47 AM »
Cool story bro.
00 EK Coupe (Stolen) Sold.
95 EG Hatch (Current Project)
90 EF Sedan Traded.
93 DA Sold.
93 RHD EG Hatch Sold.
98 EK Coupe Sold.
00 DB8 Sold.
01 DB8 Current DD

Offline 95Lude

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 07:52:36 PM »
yeah i know nobody really cares, just thought i would share. not sure if thats on par with what they run out here since i rarely see 4th gen preludes run.

Offline unified11

• Can't Blend Paint
  • Forum VIP
  • Blend Mixer 2000...It's like a painter, but faster
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 08:47:11 PM »
Unless you have 1k horsepower and run 8sno one is really going to pay much attention to a virtually stock car... That's kind of how people are.

The most positive thing that it seems you have going for you is that you're hitting consistent times, which is key to bringing times down and getting the best out of your setup.

Good work man.. don't get discouraged at the lack of response here.. if you're having fun with it, keep it up.

Go to Royal Repairs! Hands down, I would never evvvverrr go anywhere else under any circumstance for auto body repairs, buffing, waxing or anything along those lines.  ......the best of it all is they are some down to earth, extremely honest, fair priced, high quality providin' badass mother effers!  ;)

What the fuck are you saying. None of your posts make any god damn sense.

Offline 95Lude

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 11:01:03 AM »
Thanks. I've only had the car for a couple months so I'm juggling between "adding power" and cleaning it up. I figure for what it is and the mileage it was respectable. The trap speed showed its pulling up top, the 60' shows i am leaving a lot at the line but unless i run a tire and risk axles it's going to stay that way. My goal by the last midnights is to hit a 14.99 and i feel that with a new clutch/flywheel and a 50shot its there. I am enjoying the car, and coming from owning a heads/cam/n20 LS1 this is a whole new experience

Offline unified11

• Can't Blend Paint
  • Forum VIP
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 11:07:51 AM »
If you have 206k miles and you plan to run nitrous, be ready to replace/rebuild the motor soon as I'm betting the rings won't take that very well.
Go to Royal Repairs! Hands down, I would never evvvverrr go anywhere else under any circumstance for auto body repairs, buffing, waxing or anything along those lines.  ......the best of it all is they are some down to earth, extremely honest, fair priced, high quality providin' badass mother effers!  ;)

Offline 95Lude

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 11:29:25 AM »
probably not lol! My other option was to run type S cams but i've heard you have to go through the whole valvetrain to run them

Offline unified11

• Can't Blend Paint
  • Forum VIP
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 12:35:47 PM »
I don't know the differences between the S-spec cams lift compared to the non-S-spec.. but the difference is going to lie in the lift vs springs.   Too much lift on a spring that isn't rated for such, will result in valve-float, then it's bye bye engine.  If the springs are the same, then S cams should be a drop-in affair.

Honestly I wouldn't bother with anything more than the basic bolt-ons.   With that high of mileage you are going to expose weak links once you start throwing high performance internals at it.

Offline 95Lude

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 03:07:47 PM »
True. maybe i'll just leave it alone and get my hands on a block, that or I've thought about doing the euro H23 Blue top DOHC VTEC engine. if im going to build a h22 block i'll probably just sleeve it and build for boost

Offline unified11

• Can't Blend Paint
  • Forum VIP
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 03:52:51 PM »
Didn't you throw this up for sale today?

Offline 95Lude

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 10:12:38 PM »
I did just to see if i would get any hits. there is a guy selling a black da with a B16a swap that looked good. I have always had a soft spot for those but as I drove it to work and home tonight I realized how much I enjoy it and how relatively different it is compared to the tons of civics and dc2 integras you see running around so i pulled it tonight

Offline Hyclone

• Forum Noob
    • H&D BBQ
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 08:50:58 AM »
Nice run's buddy, sorry for the delay on post. I also have a 95 Lude I been working on for a year and getting ready to hopefully let it loose at RMR this year. Keep up the good work
"TRU BBQ is a Lifestyle not a hobby"

Offline er2415

• Forum Noob
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 08:27:45 AM »
Hell ya man I have a 93 SR-V too h22 nice to see others with a lude..