Author Topic: Dyno tune  (Read 1195 times)

Offline ricehonda

• Forum OG
  • MMT
    • Email
Dyno tune
« on: September 16, 2013, 09:46:44 PM »
Im about to send my car to element racing to get a dyno tune but I was just wondering if somebody could shed some insight on a few questions before I go in so their are no suprises and im properly ready to tune.

1. I still need to run the vaccum line for my BOV. I have looked it up before and I think I should have this handled but do most of you guys just tee off the brake booster for the vaccum line or what? just to confirm.

2. I really havent thought about a catch can until I was reading the other day. I havent looked into doing this at all but should I get this done before its dynoed?

3. Boost gauge I have it but not installed yet I dont know the best spot to run this line either.

Sooooo as you can see im not prepared at all but this little stuff is what starts to confuse me. this was the first time i did a turbo kit and the kit itself was easy but now im stumped on some little things. By the way the car was chipped by courtney but is not running any boost right now.

usdm as fuck

Offline DX_JDM_HATCH

• Forum VIP
  • Old Guy Car Club
Re: Dyno tune
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 09:20:31 AM »
Im about to send my car to element racing to get a dyno tune but I was just wondering if somebody could shed some insight on a few questions before I go in so their are no suprises and im properly ready to tune.

1. I still need to run the vaccum line for my BOV. I have looked it up before and I think I should have this handled but do most of you guys just tee off the brake booster for the vaccum line or what? just to confirm.  I ran mine off of my intake manifold (Victor X)

2. I really havent thought about a catch can until I was reading the other day. I havent looked into doing this at all but should I get this done before its dyno'd? I'm not running one and was told by my builder it wasn't necessary for my particular boost levels.  I'm not currently. I am finding I may need to though.  I have a feeling that it could be causing to much crankcase pressure and not letting my turbo drain the oil back well enough.

3. Boost gauge I have it but not installed yet I dont know the best spot to run this line either. Yes you do want this installed and again I ran this off the back of my intake manifold.

Sooooo as you can see im not prepared at all but this little stuff is what starts to confuse me. this was the first time i did a turbo kit and the kit itself was easy but now im stumped on some little things. By the way the car was chipped by courtney but is not running any boost right now.
Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold
              ~Bob Marley

If there is no Enemy within, the Enemy outside can do us no Harm
              ~African Proverb

Build Thread - http://www.utahhondas.net/index.php/topic,40524.0.html