Author Topic: New Classifieds are Coming  (Read 2170 times)

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
New Classifieds are Coming
« on: November 22, 2013, 01:02:54 PM »
If you haven't heard yet there are some changes coming to the site.  The first and major change though will be the introduction of a new classifieds program.  When this goes live the old Classifieds will be locked up and placed as an archives as reference only.  Right now I do not have a launch date set for the new classifieds as I still have some more tweeking to do on it.  I just wanted to offer you a preview of what to expect.

-This new program will stand alone from the forums although you will still be able to access it thru the forums.

-The program is set up similar to KSL Classifieds.  The main page of each Classifieds section will have the title of whats for sale was well as a thumbnail of the item.

-The current Classifieds categories will be the same on the new Classifieds.

-You will still be able to load photos to your ad the old way.  However you will also now be able to load photos directly to UH.net at the time of creating an ad. 

-The Classified Rules will be revised and loosened.  We have realized that this became more of a hinder then a help.  We encourage all members to excursize caution when making a transaction and use there own judgment.

-There will be NO post count limit for the new Classifieds.  People can start using them once they join the site just like the old days.

-We are introducing a Feedback option for each member.  When purchasing or buying an item from a Member you can give them Postive, Neutral, or Negative feedback based on how the transaction went just like on Ebay.  We hope that this will encourage all members to honest in there transactions and not rip people off.

Thats about it for now.  We will announce an official launch date once we have the software kinks worked out.  We hope you will enjoy whats to come.

2000 Integra Type R | 2001 G20t | 2007 Mazda3

Offline DX_JDM_HATCH

• Forum VIP
  • Old Guy Car Club
Re: New Classifieds are Coming
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 02:44:21 PM »
Jeff you said that the old classifieds will be locked.  Does that mean we will have to create new ads in the new setup?  Or will those ads be moved over?
Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold
              ~Bob Marley

If there is no Enemy within, the Enemy outside can do us no Harm
              ~African Proverb

Build Thread - http://www.utahhondas.net/index.php/topic,40524.0.html

Offline Teknik_DC2

• The Profit
  • Admin
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 03:26:09 PM »
Yes new ads will have to be created.  The new program is not forum based so nothing will transfer over.

2000 Integra Type R | 2001 G20t | 2007 Mazda3

Offline DX_JDM_HATCH

• Forum VIP
  • Old Guy Car Club
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 03:35:42 PM »
Either way it will be nice to have a rating system.  I think it could have saved me on a couple transactions.   :o
Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold
              ~Bob Marley

If there is no Enemy within, the Enemy outside can do us no Harm
              ~African Proverb

Build Thread - http://www.utahhondas.net/index.php/topic,40524.0.html

Offline ricehonda

• Forum OG
  • MMT
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 04:42:05 PM »
What happens if somebody just gives somebody a bad rating cuz they feel like it though?
usdm as fuck

Offline 92HBack

• Forum OG
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 05:51:44 PM »
What happens if somebody just gives somebody a bad rating cuz they feel like it though?

That has never happened on eBay, not in my 1300+ transactions where feedback was actually left. Nor has it for my past employer with over 20,000+ feedback. There is always a reason, so just don't give somebody a reason to leave you negative feedback.

If somebody gets into the habit of leaving negative feedback just for the sake of it, it will be noticed and I'm sure the moderators will address it.

Offline unified11

• Can't Blend Paint
  • Forum VIP
  • Blend Mixer 2000...It's like a painter, but faster
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 07:56:23 PM »
Any worth-while rating system will log the user that is giving the rating.. so if I decided to give YOU a bad rating, it should show that it was ME who gave that rating.

More advanced systems will be able to link the rating to a particular thread/sale, let the person give a brief explanation of the transaction and why it was good/bad, etc etc... As mentioned, think of eBay as an example.

Depending on how it is implemented and ends up, this could be a very nice change.  I look forward to seeing this renovation.
Go to Royal Repairs! Hands down, I would never evvvverrr go anywhere else under any circumstance for auto body repairs, buffing, waxing or anything along those lines.  ......the best of it all is they are some down to earth, extremely honest, fair priced, high quality providin' badass mother effers!  ;)

What the fuck are you saying. None of your posts make any god damn sense.

Offline wolfsbain

• Forum VIP
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 09:21:49 PM »
I love the idea of a rating. That will help me know who to buy from in the future. Keep up the good work

Offline 89ef

• Forum VIP
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 08:52:47 AM »
Will this also have a place to see who they sold parts to or buy from
1991 GSR Civic Wagon winter project
1988 RT D16Z6 Civic Wagon sold
1990 CR-X Si summer in storage sold
1990 CR-X Dx Torino Red
1991 K24 CR-X Si under construction
1994 Del Sol new daily honda #16 and counting