Author Topic: 91 Civic rp[m and idle issue  (Read 1890 times)

Offline loyshamilton

• Forum Noob
    • Email
91 Civic rp[m and idle issue
« on: November 28, 2013, 07:57:18 PM »
So i just picked up a 91 civic hatch and it wont let me accelerate over 4k rpm. i am also having an issue with the idle. Its idling at 2500 rpm, I cleaned out the IACV and i don't know what else to clean out or to replace. If anybody has any suggestions, it would help me out a ton.

Thank you,

Loys Hamilton

Offline unified11

• Can't Blend Paint
  • Forum VIP
  • Blend Mixer 2000...It's like a painter, but faster
Re: 91 Civic rp[m and idle issue
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 08:47:19 PM »
Throttle Position Sensor maybe..
Go to Royal Repairs! Hands down, I would never evvvverrr go anywhere else under any circumstance for auto body repairs, buffing, waxing or anything along those lines.  ......the best of it all is they are some down to earth, extremely honest, fair priced, high quality providin' badass mother effers!  ;)

What the fuck are you saying. None of your posts make any god damn sense.

Offline ricehonda

• Forum OG
  • MMT
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 01:52:23 PM »
Or fast idle valve? I have heard many people not be able to rev over a certain rpm because of the wrong ecu what ecu do you have?
usdm as fuck

Offline projEKtjokes

• Forum VIP
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 04:21:29 PM »
It would also help to know what engine is in the car, the dpfi engines tend to have there own unique problems.

Offline loyshamilton

• Forum Noob
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 09:24:22 PM »
So its actually a D16y8, i was messing with the vacum lines and think that could be an issue. Whenever i would move my PCV hose, it would lower the RPM. The headers are getting red hot as well.

Offline projEKtjokes

• Forum VIP
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 09:47:23 AM »
Well your in luck you picked up someone else's project and have the opportunity to fix it right. First check the tps sensor located on the firewall(3wires) and verify that the green wire is on top and yellow on bottom in the connector. Next check all the vac lines, w a y8 swap there will be 2 extra air nipples on the intake manifold that need to be plugged. Also what ecu is in the car? What wiring harness? If it happens to be the obd2 harness youll want to make sure the proper plugs were spliced in correctly. You our problem doesn't sound like an o2 sensor but they are often forgot when doing these swaps into older civics.

Offline loyshamilton

• Forum Noob
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 08:56:48 PM »
how do i find out what ECU i have? Does it say it somewhere?

Offline 92HBack

• Forum OG
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 10:07:45 PM »
Behind the kick panel on the floor to the right immedietly in front of the passenger seat. There will be. Writing on a sticker, a series of letters and numbers with a few dashes. If your header is glowing red sounds like your timing and/orfuel is not set right. Im also curious of your ecu and wiring harness job.

Offline toolow87isupup

• Trial
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 10:48:36 PM »
If Wiggling The Pcv Valve Settled Your Idle A Little Start Looking For Vacuum Leaks. Throttle Body Cleaner, Brake Clean, Carb Clean, OrpPropane Can Be Sprayed On Gaskets, Orings, And Hoses, Looking For A Change In Idle.
90 civic hatch. Dpfi makes me cry