Author Topic: Out of state security?  (Read 1040 times)

Offline ricehonda

• Forum OG
  • MMT
    • Email
Out of state security?
« on: November 29, 2013, 08:14:22 PM »
What do you do when your buying something from somebody out of state and you dont want to get ripped off? paypal? but then you cant guarantee that you can get your money back? The kid doesnt want to put it up on ebay either because there is an extra charge for it. Idk?
usdm as fuck

Offline unified11

• Can't Blend Paint
  • Forum VIP
  • Blend Mixer 2000...It's like a painter, but faster
Re: Out of state security?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 09:39:28 PM »
PayPal, when used correctly, is pretty fool-proof...

As long as it is notated in the transaction notes things typically go smoothly. 

When sending a payment, I put in the Notes what the transaction is for... The 'condition', if used.. then when you select that the transfer is for "Goods or Services", you put a shipping address.. that way there is proof that the seller indeed needs to SEND you something.

There is then a 45day window for you to be able to file a claim against him, for not shipping goods, or them arriving Not As Described, or Seriously Not As Described..

While 45 days seems like a long time, realistically that gives the seller time to either get the stuff shipped, or communicate with you a different resolution.  They want to give both parties ample time to work things out. 

In the event of a claim, they go through all the proof (payment, notes... If the seller ever provided a tracking #, etc) and then will rule accordingly.

For instance... I sold a stereo on eBay and had the wrong PayPal account associated with my eBay account.  Dude said he sent money, and I never saw it come through.   He filed a claim against me, and I kinda freaked out... But once I got on the phone with PayPal, it was easy to find the problem, and everything was fine... I shipped the dude his product, I got my money, and that was that.

Naturally, I always try to get some sort of idea who I'm dealing with... Asking for a valid eBay account, or a forum they frequent etc, to see if people will vouch for said person.  Things like that can reassure you when purchasing..

Ultimately, just be as thorough with PayPal as possible... Cutting corners by "sending the money as a gift to avoid PayPal fees" is an easy way to get caught up and not have PayPal on your side in the event of a claim.  You send the cash as a gift, which means you don't supply a shipping address.... Then make a claim because the dude didn't SHIP you anything?  See how that can be a mess?

Just use your head and be as attentive as possible.
Go to Royal Repairs! Hands down, I would never evvvverrr go anywhere else under any circumstance for auto body repairs, buffing, waxing or anything along those lines.  ......the best of it all is they are some down to earth, extremely honest, fair priced, high quality providin' badass mother effers!  ;)

What the fuck are you saying. None of your posts make any god damn sense.

Offline ricehonda

• Forum OG
  • MMT
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 10:38:14 PM »
just what i needed to know. Just never dealt with paypal ever so this is great information unified thank you.

So if he doesnt want to sell on ebay than what good is his valid ebay account? just to confirm its a real person?

Im sure this gift thing will be listed as an option to do so I will avoid that at all costs. I will make sure I use a shipping address as well.
usdm as fuck

Offline unified11

• Can't Blend Paint
  • Forum VIP
  • Blend Mixer 2000...It's like a painter, but faster
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 10:54:29 PM »
In this case, clearly eBay history wouldn't mean much..

I'm just listing ways to find out more about a persons character.  Forums, PayPal and eBay feedback are great ways to judge whether a person is worth dealing with or not.

Granted, we all start with zero feedback, that is the first thing to look for when dealing with a new guy whom you don't know.
Go to Royal Repairs! Hands down, I would never evvvverrr go anywhere else under any circumstance for auto body repairs, buffing, waxing or anything along those lines.  ......the best of it all is they are some down to earth, extremely honest, fair priced, high quality providin' badass mother effers!  ;)

What the fuck are you saying. None of your posts make any god damn sense.

Offline ricehonda

• Forum OG
  • MMT
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 11:43:30 PM »
right i know what you mean now good good that helps me a lot man thanks again!
usdm as fuck

Offline ricehonda

• Forum OG
  • MMT
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 07:31:19 PM »
I used paypal and they do say they offer you full money back and they warranty the purchase 100%. I got the goods the other day. Thanks a lot unified 11
usdm as fuck